- Camera Overheated
- Axon Fleet Power Unit in error state
- Wiring error
Steps to Resolve:
Overheating - Temperature over 100 degrees C (camera beeps once every 15 seconds)
- Slide the camera power switch to off and remove from mount.
- Place in a cool area and allow camera to cool.
- Prolonged exposure to sunlight or elevated internal vehicle temperatures will cause the camera to become inoperable due to exceeding the operational temperature limit. The camera, when powered on and overheated, will perform a reboot and temperature check every 4 seconds until it’s back within temperature range.
- Once cool, remount camera and switch on.
Axon Fleet Power Unit in error state (reboots approximately every minute)
Each Axon Fleet camera is powered by its own Axon Fleet Power Unit. There are a significant amount of data exchanged between the power unit and camera for the more efficient operation. On some occasions, it may be necessary to reset the power unit to resolve a malfunctioning camera. Most commonly, the camera will be observed to be stuck in a reboot cycle, powering on and off every minute or so.
To reset the power unit:
- Turn the vehicle ignition off.
- Remove the camera from the affected mount.
- Locate the appropriate power unit. (White base, clear top)
- Check to see if the power unit status light is off. If on, continue to step 5. If off, go to step 6.
Note: If it is easier than locating fuses, you may unplug the male side of the black GPIO connector. The connector is held to the power unit by a retention screw on either side of the plug, perpendicular to the power unit body. Do not remove the individual wires. Unplug for 15 seconds, plug back in and skip to step 10.
- Locate the inline fuse on the ignition (orange) wire and remove it. The power unit status light should be off.
- Locate the inline fuse on the power (red) wire and remove it.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Replace the fuse on the power (red) wire. The power unit status light should blink three (3) times.
- If applicable, replace the fuse in the ignition (orange) wire. The power unit status light may be solid red.
- Turn on vehicle ignition. The power unit status light should be solid red.
- Place camera back into the affected mount.
- Switch on, if not already. The camera should boot and operate as normal.
Error in Wiring
Due to the significant amount of data exchanged between the power unit and the camera, errors in wiring will cause camera malfunctions, including repeated reboots.
- Ensure the wiring is connected properly at the power unit and the camera mount as shown in the Axon Fleet Installation Guide.
- Wiring harnesses that were not supplied by Axon must adhere to the specifications in the installation guide. Alternate sizes and greater lengths of wire may induce failure modes.
- If all connection appear proper and appropriate harnesses are in use, advanced troubleshooting is necessary. Please contact Axon Technical Support.