- Cameras are not powered on
- For Body Worn Cameras, the camera has not been correctly paired with View XL
- The incorrect vehicle ID was selected
- The vehicle is not correctly configured in Evidence.com
- Incorrect Mount ID (Axon Fleet Power Unit Serial Number) entered in Evidence.com
- The cameras are already connected to another in-range computer.
Steps to Resolve:
- Ensure camera is powered on and is in buffering mode (LED blinking green). If the camera is not powered on or staying on, see Fleet Camera will not Power On in Mount.
- For Body Worn Cameras, the camera must be assigned to the user logged into View XL and properly paired. See View XL and Axon Body Worn Cameras for information on pairing.
- Ensure the Vehicle has been configured with the correct Mount ID (Axon Fleet Power Unit Serial Number).
- View XL lists the expected power unit serial numbers under Cameras in the View XL settings tab. This reflects the serial number that has been entered into Evidence.com for the Vehicle ID. Power unit serial numbers begin with X85.
- The power unit serial number must match the serial number printed on each power unit label.
- Confirm the proper serial number has been entered. Do not to enter the letter O in place of the number 0.
- If any alterations are made to the vehicle configuration, the View XL user should sign out and back in to View XL to update the program configuration.
Note: Configuration updates are automatically applied at pre-determined intervals, but the quickest way to ensure the most recent configuration is applied is to reauthenticate (sign out/in) with View XL.
- Ensure no other computer is currently connected to the cameras.
- View XL software runs a system service, which remains active after users have logged out of the View XL application and/or Windows. This service keeps an active connection to the cameras when in range. Ensure no other computer is already connected to the cameras, since that will prevent them from connecting to a new computer.
- Shutting down the other computer or removing the required Axon Bluetooth dongle will release the connection.
- A full system reboot may be required to resolve some issues.
- Once you’ve ensured the proper configuration and operation of the cameras, a reboot may be necessary.
- Sign out of View XL and reboot the computer using the Windows Restart option.
- Power off each camera for 15 seconds and then power on.
- If, after a full reboot, problems persist, advanced troubleshooting is required. Please contact Axon Technical Support.