You can add categories to and remove them from evidence files on the Evidence Detail page for the evidence. Additionally, you can add categories to multiple evidence files from the search results page.
The Categories area appears on the Evidence Detail page in the heading below the evidence Title and ID and on the right side of the page. It lists the categories that the evidence is assigned to, if any.
To add or remove a category from the Evidence Detail page:
- If no categories have been added to the evidence, click Add Category. If categories have been added, to the right of Categories, click (edit).
The Select a category list appears. If the evidence is already assigned to categories, an X appears beside each assigned category.
- In the Select a category list, click the appropriate category and then click Save.
The category appears at the bottom of the list of assigned categories.
- If you want to remove the evidence from a category, click the X next to the category name.
The category is removed from the list of assigned categories.
To add a category from the search results page:
- Search for the evidence that you want to add a category to.
- For each evidence file that you want to add a category to, select the check box to the left of the evidence ID.
- Above the search results, click Add Category.
The Add a Category dialog box appears.
- In the Select Category list, select the category that you want to add to all the selected evidence files.
- Click Update.
- The systems displays a success message. Click Close to continue.
You are returned to the search results and the category column for each of the selected evidence files is updated with the category.