You can add categories to and remove them from evidence files on the Evidence Detail page for the evidence. Additionally, you can add categories to multiple evidence files from the search results page.
The Categories area appears on the Evidence Detail page in the heading below the evidence Title and ID and on the right side of the page. It lists the categories that the evidence is assigned to, if any.
To add or remove a category from the Evidence Detail page:
- Click Edit or click the Categories field.
- To add a category, begin typing the category title in the Add Another field or use the down arrow to show the full list of categories, and then select the category.
- To remove a category, click the X adjacent to the category name.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add or remove categories.
- Click Save.
The Evidence Detail page shows the updated information.
To add a category from the search results page:
- Search for the evidence that you want to add a category to.
- For each evidence file that you want to add a category to, select the check box to the left of the evidence.
- Above the search results, click Add Category or click the ... (more actions) menu and select Add Category.
The dialog box appears.
- Begin typing the category title or use the down arrow to show the full list of categories, and then select the category.
- Click Update.
- On the notification message box, click Close. The search results show the category that you assigned to the evidence.