You can add categories to evidence files from the evidence page or the search results page. Additionally, you can add categories to multiple evidence files from the search results page.
To add a category from evidence page:
- On the evidence page, scroll down until you see the Categories section on the left-side of the page.
- Click the edit icon
- Click in the Add a Category field and select the category you want to add to the evidence file.
If you know the category, you can type it into the field.
- Click Add.
- Repeat these steps to add another category.
To add a category from the search results page:
- Search for the evidence that you want to add a category to.
- For each evidence file that you want to add a category to, select the check box to the left of the evidence ID.
- Above the search results, click Add Category.
The Add a Category dialog box appears.
- In the Select Category list, select the category that you want to add to all the selected evidence files.
- Click Update.
- The systems displays a success message. Click Close to continue.
You are returned to the search results and the category column for each of the selected evidence files is updated with the category.