The Axon Flex 2 camera has two operating modes; BUFFERING and EVENT modes.
BUFFERING, or default, mode, is the non-recording mode and provides pre-event buffering to capture activities that occur before you activate the EVENT (recording) mode.
To turn your camera:
- Turn the system on. Move the ON/OFF switch to the ON position.
The camera takes a few seconds to boot up and be ready to record (the red area under the controller switch will be exposed with the switch moved to the ON position).
The operation LED will be solid red and then transition to blinking green when the system goes into BUFFERING mode.
The Axon Flex 2 camera enters BUFFERING mode after the boot up sequence is complete. The BUFFERING mode can hold the previous 30 to 120 seconds of video leading up to the beginning of a recording.
To record, quickly double-press the EVENT button.
- The camera now records audio as well as video.
- The camera will beep twice to let you know that recording has started.
The two beeps will repeat every two minutes (audio notifications can be deactivated if allowed by your agency).
- The operation LED will blink red (the LED can be deactivated if allowed by your agency)
While in EVENT mode you can:
- Add a marker to the video, quickly press and release the Function button.
- Stop audio recording (mute), press and hold the Function button for three seconds.
- Stop all recording and return to BUFFERING mode, press and hold the EVENT button for at least three seconds until there is a long, audible beep.
Note: With default settings, the system does not capture audio in BUFFERING mode, so anything recorded in that mode will be video-only. BUFFERING mode starts only after the camera is turned on. The system does not record when the Axon Flex 2 camera is turned of.