Sending a download link makes the shared evidence available through a web link, or URL, for downloading a ZIP file of the evidence from Evidence.com—without requiring the person downloading the evidence to sign in to Evidence.com.
sending a download link allows uncontrolled access to the ZIP file of evidence that it links to. By default, evidence shared by download link is available for download for 3 days. It is recommended that you keep the sharing duration as short as possible.
- Search for the evidence files you want to work with.
- In the search results, select the check box to the left of the evidence ID for each evidence file that you want to grant access to.
- Above the search results, click Manage Access and select Outside My Agency.
The Manage access outside my agency dialog box displays.
- Click Email a Download Link.
- In the Send an Email with a Link to this Evidence field, add the users with whom you want to share the evidence, as follows:
- For a user in your agency or a partner agency, start typing the name of the user, wait for Evidence.com to show the matching users, and then click the user you want. You can also type the user badge ID or email address. The user you selected appears below the field.
- For a user who is not in your agency or a partner agency, type the email address of the user and then press Enter.
After you complete the sharing process, the person receiving the sharing invitation can download the evidence ZIP file.
- If you want to include audit trails and a table of contents, check the corresponding check box.
When selected, the table of contents will accompany the bulk download as an Excel spreadsheet and includes the fields: File Name (with a link to the evidence file), Evidence ID, Evidence Title, File Type, File Size, Evidence Duration, Date Recorded, Uploader-First Name, Uploader-Last Name, Uploader-Badge ID, Assignee-First Name, Assignee-Last Name, Assignee-Badge ID, and Agency Name.
- In the Duration box, type the number of days that the evidence is to be available to the users you share the evidence with.
- Click Add.
- On the notification message box, click Close.
Each recipient you specified receives an email that includes the link for downloading the evidence.
Evidence.com makes the shared evidence available for download, until the sharing duration expires.