On the Evidence Detail page, the Manage Evidence Access section shows the number of users and groups that have been added to the access list for the evidence and if the evidence is restricted.
From the Manage Evidence Access section you can add users and groups to the access list for an evidence file. If you want to add users and groups to the access list for more than one evidence file at a time, use the process for adding access from the evidence search page.
- On the Evidence Detail page, under Manage Evidence Access, click Outside My Agency.
The Access outside my agency page appears.
- In the User or Group field, start typing the name, badge ID, or email address of the user or the name of the group. Evidence.com shows a list of matching users and groups as you enter the information. Select the user or group you want to add to the access list.
You can add multiple users and groups if they will have the same access duration and access permissions.
Note: If you add the email address for someone that is a member of an Evidence.com agency that is not a partner agency with your agency, that person will be able to access the evidence when they sign in to their Evidence.com agency.
Users who are not part of an Evidence.com agency can view the evidence through my.evidence.com, but they must have an existing my.evidence.com account before you share the evidence.
- In the Permissions section, select the check boxes for the permissions that you want to give to the users or you are sharing with.
- Download — User can download a copy of the evidence to their hard drive.
- View Audit Trail — User can view the audit trail.
- Add Notes — User can add notes to the evidence.
- Select the Allow Partner Agencies to Re-Share option for the selected evidence.
- Never — User cannot share the evidence.
- Reshare Download — User can forward the permission to download to other users.
- Reshare All — User can forward all of their permissions to other users.
- In the Duration box, type the number of days that the evidence is to be available to the users you share the evidence with.
- Click Add.
Evidence.com emails each user who you shared the evidence with, notifying them that the evidence is available to them.
- To add a user or group with different permissions or duration, click Add New and repeat steps 2 through 6 to add other users and groups.
- After all users are added, click the (back) button to return to the Evidence Detail page.