On the Evidence Detail page, the Manage Evidence Access section shows the number of users that have been added to the access list for the evidence and if the evidence is restricted.
From the Manage Evidence Access section you can add users to the access list for an evidence file. If you want to add users to the access list for more than one evidence file at a time, use the process for adding access from the evidence search page.
This procedure can also be used to add users to the access list for evidence that has been restricted.
- On the Evidence Detail page, under Manage Evidence Access, click Outside My Agency.
The Access outside my agency page appears.
- In the Add to Access List field, start typing the name, badge ID, or email address of the user. Evidence.com shows a list of matching users as you enter the information. Select the user you want to add to the access list.
You can add multiple users if they will have the same access duration and access permissions.
- In the Permissions section, select the check boxes for the permissions that you want to give to the users you are sharing with.
- Download — User is able to download a copy of the evidence to their hard drive.
- View Audit Trail — User is able to view the audit trail.
- Add Notes — User is able to add notes to the evidence.
- Select the Allow Partner Agencies to Re-Share option for the selected evidence.
- Never — User cannot share the evidence.
- Reshare Download — User is able to forward the permission to download to other users.
- Reshare All — User is able to forward all of their permissions to other users.
- In the Duration box, type the number of days that the evidence is to be available to the users you share the evidence with.
- Click Add.
Evidence.com emails each user who you shared the evidence with, notifying them that the evidence is available to them.
- To add a user with different permissions or duration, click Add New and repeat steps 2 through 6 to add other users.
- After all users are added, click the (back) button to return to the Evidence Detail page.