This option allows you to add users and groups to an external access list for multiple evidence files at the same time.
The external access list allows you to share evidence with other users and groups that are outside your agency. You should use external access list when you need to require that evidence is only available to users who sign in to Evidence.com. You can control whether users you share evidence with can view the evidence, download the evidence, view the audit trail of evidence, and share the evidence with others.
The external access list grants each user and group the same permissions to the shared evidence. If you need to grant different permissions to different users or groups, perform this procedure once for each set of users or groups to whom you want to grant the same permissions.
Removing a sharing invitation and changing sharing expiration date cannot be done in bulk. If you need to perform these tasks, you must perform it for each evidence file. For more information, see Modifying and Removing Users and Groups from External Access Lists.
- Search for the evidence files you want to work with.
- In the search results, select the check box to the left of the evidence ID for each evidence file that you want to grant access to.
- Above the search results, click Manage Access and select Outside My Agency.
The Manage access outside my agency dialog box displays.
- Under Add Name to External Access List.
- In the Send an Email with a Link to this Evidence field, add the users and groups with whom you want to share the evidence, as follows:
- For a user or group in a partner agency, start typing the name of the user, wait for Evidence.com to show the matching users, and then click the user you want. You can also type the user badge ID or email address. The user or group you selected appears below the field.
- In the Permissions section, select the check boxes for the permissions that you want to give to the individual users and group users you are sharing with.
- View — User can view the evidence.
- Download — User can download a copy of the evidence to their hard drive.
- View Audit Trail — User can view the audit trail.
- Post Notes — User can add notes to the evidence.
- Select the Allow Users to Re-Share option for the selected evidence.
- Never — User cannot share the evidence.
- Reshare Download — User is able to forward the permission to download to other users.
- Reshare All — User is able to forward all of their permissions to other users.
- In the Duration box, type the number of days that the evidence is to be available to the users you share the evidence with.
- Click Add and then, on the confirmation message box, click OK.
Evidence.com emails each user who you shared the evidence with, notifying them that the evidence is available to them.