Signal Sidearm sensor serial numbers are located on the back of the sensor and start with the letter X.
There are several ways to find the serial number:
- Using Axon Device Manager (recommended)
- Using Evidence.com
- By Removing the Sensor from the Bracket (least preferred)
Using Axon Device Manager
Note: Axon Device Manager is only available for Android devices with Near Field Communication (NFC). For more information, see Installing Axon Device Manager.
Open the Axon Device Manager (ADM) app.
- Log in to your agency’s Evidence.com account and then tap Press to Begin.
- Place the Signal Sidearm sensor on the back of the phone, with the mute button facing the phone. Hold the sensor still while slowly moving the phone around to find the NFC tag in the sensor.
- Once ADM finds the sensor, it will display the sensor assignment information. The serial number is shown just below the image of the sensor.
Note: You must have permission to view devices in Evidence.com to use this method.
- Sign in to your Evidence.com account.
- On the menu bar, click Devices and then click My Devices.
Note: You can also search for devices Assigned To you.
Look in the Serial No column for Signal Sidearm.
By Removing the Sensor from the Bracket
Because you have to remove the sensor from the bracket, this is the least preferred method of finding sensor information.
Note: You will need the Torx 6 screwdriver that was provided to your agency with the Signal Sidearm sensor to remove the sensor from the bracket.
- If your sidearm and holster are on your duty belt, put the sensor in Mute Mode and safely remove your sidearm.
- Remove the top and bottom screws that attach the sensor to the bracket, as shown in following image.
- Flip the sensor over to read the serial number.
- Re-attach the sensor to the bracket.