Axon periodically releases firmware updates for Axon devices. It is important that you maintain the latest firmware on your sensors to get the best performance and stability.
Signal Sidearm firmware updates are accomplished using the Axon Device Manager (ADM) app.
Note: For more information about Axon Device Manager, see the Axon Device Manager section of Axon Help Center.
- Open the ADM app.
- Log in to your agency’s Evidence.com
- In ADM, tap the Settings menu in the upper left.
- Under Firmware Updates, tap Device.
- Tap Signal Sidearm in the devices list.
Note: If this is the first time you are updating Signal Sidearm firmware or uploading, you might be asked to enable location services. Tap Okay to enable location services. This is necessary to connect over Bluetooth.
- Place the unit you are updating in Mute Mode.
Note: The sensor automatically returns to Field Mode after 30 seconds elapses. If the sensor returns to Field Mode before the firmware update begins, you must place it in Mute Mode again.
- Place the unit on the back of the phone, with the mute button facing the phone. This will initiate the Bluetooth pairing of the device to the phone.
Note: The NFC reader is typically located on the back of phones. Refer the manufacturer’s guide for your device to determine the location of its NFC reader.
- If Signal Sidearm unit’s firmware is out-of-date, an update will automatically begin after pairing. The update can be monitored by the progress bar at the top of the screen.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with other signal sidearm units to update the firmware for multiple devices at one time. If multiple devices are being updated, there is still only one progress bar, as shown in the image below. We recommend updating no more than 5 units at one time.
- When the firmware update is complete, the Sidearm unit will reboot and automatically unpair from the phone.
If the Sidearm unit does not automatically reboot, then manually reset the unit.