Axon Device Manager (ADM) can be used to register and assign Axon Body 2, Axon Flex 2, and Axon Signal Sidearm devices.
Using ADM app is the preferred method for registering and assigning Axon devices. Axon devices can also be assigned and reassign using Evidence.com.
Note: You must have Device Administration permission in Evidence.com to use Axon Device Manager.
- Open the ADM app.
- Log in to your agency’s Evidence.com account and then tap Press to Begin.
- Use ADM to read information about the Axon device.
- If using ADM for iOS, select Tap Device to use the NFC tag or select Scan Code to use the 2D code. Then tap Start Scan.
- For ADM for Android or if Tap Device was selected in ADM for iOS, place the Axon device on the back of the phone and slowly move it around to find the Near Field Communication (NFC) tag. Tap the Show me how question mark to get specifics on reading the NFC tag on each Axon device.
Note: The NFC reader is typically located on the back of phones and devices, but it can be in other locations. Refer the manufacturer’s guide of your device to determine the location of the device’s NFC reader.
- If Scan Code was selected in ADM for iOS, find the code on the Axon device and use the phone’s camera to read the information. The code must be well lit and intact.
- After ADM finds the device, the found message is shown.
If the device is not registered to your agency, you tap Register to register it.
You are automatically taken to the user assignment search box.
Note: If you only want to register devices and not assign them, tap the back (<) icon and tap or scan a new device.
- Enter the name or badge number of the person you want to assign the device to and tap enter.
The device is assigned to that user and the assignment information is updated in Evidence.com.
- Tap Complete to exit or begin scanning another device.