Axon devices can be reassigned to different users as needed. Axon Device Manager (ADM) can be used to reassign and unassign Axon Body 2, Axon Flex 2, and Axon Signal Sidearm devices.
Note: You must have Device Administration permission in Evidence.com to use Axon Device Manager.
Maintaining up-to-date device assignment ensures the accuracy of audit trails and other device alerts.
- Open the ADM app.
- Log in to your agency’s Evidence.com account and then tap Press to Begin.
- Use ADM to read information about the Axon device.
- If using ADM for iOS, select Tap Device to use the NFC tag or select Scan Code to use the 2D code. Then tap Start Scan.
- For ADM for Android or if Tap Device was selected in ADM for iOS, place the Axon device on the back of the phone and slowly move it around to find the Near Field Communication (NFC) tag. Tap the Show me how question mark to get specifics on reading the NFC tag on each Axon device.
Note: The NFC reader is typically located on the back of phones and devices, but it can be in other locations. Refer the manufacturer’s guide of your device to determine the location of the device’s NFC reader.
- If Scan Code was selected in ADM for iOS, find the code on the Axon device and use the phone’s camera to read the information. The code must be well lit and intact.
- After ADM finds the device, it shows the name of the current assignee.
- Tap Reassign, enter the name or badge number of the person you want to assign the sensor to, and then tap enter.
The Signal Sidearm sensor is reassigned to that user and the assignment information is updated in Evidence.com.
- Tap Complete to exit.