The Axon Body 2 camera has two operating modes. The default mode, or BUFFERING mode, provides pre-event buffering to capture activities that occur before you activate the EVENT (recording) mode.
- Turn the system on. Move the ON/OFF switch to the ON position.
- The camera takes a few seconds to boot up and be ready to record (the red area under the switch will be exposed with the switch moved to the ON position).
- The operation LED will be solid red and then transition to blinking green when the system goes into BUFFERING mode.
- The Axon Body 2 camera will go into BUFFERING mode after the boot up sequence. The BUFFERING mode holds the previous 30 seconds of video [NO AUDIO] leading up to the beginning of a recording.
- To record, quickly double-press the EVENT button.
- The camera now records audio as well as video.
- The camera will beep twice to let you know that recording has started.
The two beeps will repeat every two minutes (audio notifications can be deactivated if necessary).
- The operation LED will blink red.
- To add a marker to the video, quickly press and release the Function button.
- To stop audio recording (mute), press and hold the Function button for three seconds.
- To stop all recording and return to BUFFERING mode, press and hold the EVENT button for at least three seconds until there is a long, audible beep.
Note: With default settings, the system does not capture audio in BUFFERING mode, so anything recorded in that mode will be video-only. BUFFERING mode starts only after the camera is turned on. The system does not record when the Axon Body 2 camera is turned of.