The Axon Flex system has two operating modes. The default mode, or BUFFERING mode, provides pre-event buffering to capture activities that occur before you activate the EVENT (recording) mode.
- Turn the system on. Move the ON/OFF switch to the ON position
- The camera takes a few seconds to boot up and be ready to record (the red area under the switch will be exposed with the switch moved to the ON position).
- The operation LED will be solid red and then transition to blinking green when the system goes into BUFFERING mode.
- The system will go into BUFFERING mode after the boot up sequence. The BUFFERING mode holds the previous 30 seconds of video [NO AUDIO] leading up to the beginning of a recording.
- To record, quickly double-press the EVENT button.
- The system now records audio as well as video.
- The system will beep twice to let you know that recording started. The 2 beeps will repeat every 2 minutes (if the system is muted, there will be no audio notifications).
- The operation LED will blink red.
- To stop recording and return to BUFFERING mode, press and hold the EVENT button for at least 3 seconds until there is a long, audible beep.
Note: Because the system does not capture audio in BUFFERING mode, the first 30 seconds of a recorded event will be video-only (depending on your agency’s settings). BUFFERING mode starts only after the camera is turned on. The system does not record when the Axon flex controller is turned off.