This section provides the general steps for making changes on the Settings screen. Additional information about each setting appears below.
- Ensure that the Axon camera is turned on and connected to your mobile device.
- On your device, open the Axon View
- In the upper left, tap .
The Settings screen appears. The settings that are available depend on whether the app is currently connected to an Axon camera and on the specific model of the Axon camera.
- Adjust the settings as needed. For additional information about each setting, refer to the following section for information about each setting.
- When you have finished adjusting settings, in the upper left, tap X.
The settings in the Camera area affect pairing with an Axon camera and the lights, sounds, and vibrations of a paired camera.
Many settings in the Camera area are available only for Axon Body 2 cameras. The following table shows which settings are available for each of the supported Axon camera models.
|Camera Setting||Axon Flex||Axon Body||Axon Body 2||Axon Flex 2|
Under Camera, the first setting shows the camera model that the app is currently configured to pair with.
For more information about pairing, see Pairing with an Axon Camera.
If you have an Axon Flex or Axon Flex 2 camera, use Axon View to adjust the camera for wearing on the right or left side.
- On the Settings screen, tap Orientation.
- Tap the appropriate side.
If the Forget Camera setting appears, the app is currently paired with an Axon Body 2 or Axon Flex 2 camera. For more information about using this setting, see the Unpairing or Forgetting an Axon Camera.
The Volume setting controls how loudly an Axon Body 2 or Axon Flex 2 beeps.
- On the Settings screen, tap Volume.
- Tap the volume at which you want the connected camera to beep.
The camera beeps once at the volume that you tapped, or if you tapped Off, the camera does not beep.
- To choose a different volume, repeat these steps.
The Vibration setting controls whether an Axon Body 2 and Axon Flex 2 camera uses vibrations to communicate camera operations to the camera user.
To control whether this feature is enabled, to the right of Vibration, tap the switch.
- If the switch is toggled to the right, haptic feedback is enabled.
- If the switch is toggled to the left, haptic feedback is disabled.
The Indicator Lights settings enables you to turn off the camera indicator lights for the paired Axon camera.
To control whether the indicator lights are on, to the right of Indicator Lights, tap the switch.
- If the switch is toggled to the right, the indicator lights are on.
- If the switch is toggled to the left, the indicator lights are off.
The Stealth Mode setting enables you to turn off the Axon Body 2 and Axon Flex 2 lights, sounds, and haptic feedback.
To control whether this feature is enabled, to the right of Stealth Mode, tap the switch.
- If the switch is toggled to the right, stealth mode on the camera is enabled: the camera will not beep or vibrate, regardless of other settings. All camera lights are off.
- If the switch is toggled to the left, stealth mode on the camera is disabled: the camera beeps and vibrates according to other, individual settings. Camera lights operate normally.
The Reconfigure Wi-Fi setting enables you to set up a Wi-Fi connection with an Axon Body 2 or Axon Flex 2 camera that is paired with the mobile device.
Note: If you attempt to open a Wi-Fi connection to the Axon Body 2 or Axon Flex 2 camera and the mobile device prompts you for a password to the camera, do not enter a password. Instead, perform the following steps to establish the Wi-Fi connection.
This setting appears only when you have previously configured Wi-Fi with an Axon Body 2 or Axon Flex 2 camera.
- On the Settings screen, under Camera, tap Reconfigure Wi-Fi.
The “Your camera is ready to configure Wi-Fi” message appears.
- Tap Continue.
An Axon Evidence.com web page opens.
- Tap Configure Wi-Fi.
- Tap Install and then tap Install again.
- At the prompt, type your iOS device’s passcode.
- Tap Install.
The Evidence.com page opens again with a success message.
- Tap Done.
- Tap Open.
In order to view live video from the camera, you must connect to the Wi-Fi network of the camera.
- Press the Home button.
- Open the Settings app and tap Wi-Fi.
- Under Choose a Network, tap the camera that the mobile device is paired with.
- Press the Home button again.
- Open Axon View.
- Press View Live to view live video. You can adjust the camera position as needed.
You are ready to use Axon View.