The settings in the Camera area affect pairing with an Axon camera and the lights, sounds, and vibrations of a paired camera.
Many settings in the Camera area are available only for Axon Body 2 cameras. The following table shows which settings are available for each of the supported Axon camera models.
|Camera Setting||Axon Flex||Axon Body||Axon Body 2|
Under Camera, the first setting shows the camera model that the app is currently configured to pair with.
For more information about pairing, see the Connect Axon View with an Axon Device section.
If the Forget Camera setting appears, the app is currently paired with an Axon Body 2 camera. For more information about using this setting, see the Pairing with a mobile device section from the Axon Body 2 section.
The Volume setting controls how loudly an Axon Body 2 beeps.
- On the Settings screen, tap Volume.
- Tap the volume at which you want the connected camera to beep.
The camera beeps once at the volume that you tapped, or if you tapped Off, the camera does not beep.
- To choose a different volume, repeat these steps.
The Vibration setting controls whether an Axon Body 2 uses vibrations to communicate camera operations to the camera user.
To control whether this feature is enabled, to the right of Vibration, tap the switch.
- If the switch is toggled to the right, haptic feedback is enabled.
- If the switch is toggled to the left, haptic feedback is disabled.
The Stealth Mode setting enables you to turn off the Axon Body 2 lights, sounds, and haptic feedback.
To control whether this feature is enabled, to the right of Stealth Mode, tap the switch.
- If the switch is toggled to the right, stealth mode on the camera is enabled: the camera will not beep or vibrate, regardless of other settings. All camera lights are off.
- If the switch is toggled to the left, stealth mode on the camera is disabled: the camera beeps and vibrates according to other, individual settings. Camera lights operate normally.
The Reconfigure Wi-Fi setting enables you to set up a Wi-Fi connection with an Axon Body 2 that is paired with the mobile device. If you attempt to open a Wi-Fi connection to the Axon Body 2 and the mobile device prompts you for a password to the Axon Body 2, do not enter a password. Instead, perform this process to establish the Wi-Fi connection.
This setting appears only when you have previously configured Wi-Fi with an Axon Body 2.
- On the Settings screen, under Camera, tap Reconfigure Wi-Fi.
The “Your camera is ready to configure Wi-Fi” message appears.
- Tap Continue.
An Evidence.com web page opens.
In the Settings app, the Install Profile screen appears.
- Tap Install and then tap Install again.
The Profile Installed screen appears.
- Tap Done.
The Evidence.com page opens again with a success message.
- On the dialog box, tap Open.
In Axon View, the View page shows a message about the Wi-Fi network of the paired Axon Body 2 camera. In order to view live video from the camera, you must connect to the Wi-Fi network of the camera.
- Press the Home button.
- Open the Settings app and tap Wi-Fi.
- Under Choose a Network, tap the camera that the mobile device is paired with.
- Press the Home button again.
- Open Axon View.
- When live video appears, you can adjust the camera position as needed.
You are ready to use Axon View.