You can add users one at a time or many at a time.
A user that you add has the status that you assign: Active or Inactive.
When you add a user with an Active status, Evidence.com emails to the user an invitation to join your Evidence.com agency. Invitations to join Evidence.com expire within 7 days. After an invitation expires, an agency administrator can re-invite the user.
When you add a user with an Inactive status, the user does not have access to your Evidence.com agency and does not receive notification that you created the user account. Evidence.com allows you to assign devices to an Inactive user and add Inactive users to groups.
Add One User
When you want to add one user to your agency, use the Add User feature.
- On the menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click Add User.
The Add User page appears.
- In the following boxes, type the required information.
- First Name — The user’s first name.
- Last Name — The user’s last name.
- Email Address — The unique Internet email address of the user.
- External ID — A unique value, assigned by your organization, that identifies the user. If you do not assign a value, Evidence.com will automatically generate one. It is recommended that you determine a user ID strategy that best suits your needs.
- Username — A unique username that you assign.
- Badge Number — A unique badge ID that you assign. Typically, a user’s badge number in Evidence.com should match the user’s badge in other systems such as computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems. This practice simplifies analysis and reporting of data aggregated from multiple systems. It also simplifies Evidence.com integration with your CAD system. For more information, see the axon.io/cad-rms web site.
- In the User role list, click the role that you want to assign to the user.
- In the Status list, click the status that you want to the user.
- Active — The user is able to register and sign in to Evidence.com immediately after you finish adding the user.
- Inactive — The user is not able to register or sign in to Evidence.com.
- Click Add.
Evidence.com adds the user. If the user status is Active, Evidence.com sends the user an invitation email.
A notification message box appears.
- On the message box, click the button for the action you want to take next.
Add Many Users
When you need to add many users to your Evidence.com agency, use the Import Users feature. This feature lets you create many user accounts quickly. You specify details about the new users in a file that you upload to Evidence.com.
You are limited to assigning the same user role to each user that you add from an uploaded file; therefore, create upload files that contain only users that you want to assign to the same user role. For example, create an upload file for users that you want to assign the Armorer role and create a different upload file for users that you want to assign the User role.
The supported file formats are the following formats:
- Comma-separated values (CSV) file — Supported by spreadsheet applications, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Text (TXT) file — Supported by text editors and word processors. It is recommended that you use a text editor such as Microsoft Notepad to ensure that the file format is correct.
In either format, you specify the following information for each user:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Badge ID
- External ID (optional – if not provided, Evidence.com will automatically generate one)
Note: In order to complete the registration process, users must have access to the email addresses that you specify.
- On the menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click Import Users. The Import Users page appears.
- Download the example file for the format that you want to use.
- Make a copy of the example file and assign it a meaningful file name.
- Open the file in the appropriate application. For a .txt file, use a text editor. For a .csv file, use a spreadsheet application.
The first row or line of the file contains column names. The second and third row or line is an example.
- Delete the second and third lines. Do not delete the first line. Evidence.com expects the first line to contain the column names.
- For every user that you want to add, include a line in the file that specifies values for the user first name, last name, email address, and badge ID. You can include an external ID, but this value is not required. Ensure that you separate the values in each row or line appropriately:
- In a .txt file, ensure that you add a tab after each value.
- In a .csv file, ensure that each value is in the cell beneath the applicable header.
- Save the file.
- In Evidence.com, if your session has timed out, sign in again and return to the Import Users page by clicking Admin and then, under Users, clicking Import Users.
- Click Choose File and, in the dialog box that opens, select the file on your computer, and then click Next.
Evidence.com displays a list of the users found in the uploaded file.
- For each user that you want to add, select the check box to the left of the user first name.
- In the Role for all users list, click the user role that you want to assign to each user that you selected and then click Next.
Evidence.com displays a confirmation page. The role to be assigned to each user is noted near the bottom of the page.
- Review the user information a final time and then click Next.
Evidence.com imports the users and sends each user an invitation email.
A message box displays buttons for importing more users or ending the process.
- Click the button for the action you want to take next.