As with the management of evidence, cases, devices, and users, Evidence.com provides a search feature to help you find groups that you need to work with.
For each group in search results, you can access a Group Profile page, which shows the group title and number of members. The external ID appears below the group title. For groups created by the Create Group page in Evidence.com, the external ID is a hyphenated hexadecimal number automatically assigned by Evidence.com. For groups created by an external source, such as imported CSV file, the Evidence.com Partner API, or automatic provisioning with Microsoft Azure Active Directory, the external ID is the value assigned by external source.
The page also provides access to the group monitor list, the group audit trail, a list of all evidence owned by members of the group, and whether the group can receive evidence shared by a partner agency.
Users with permission to perform user searches can access the Group Search feature on the Users menu.
- On the menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click All Groups.
The All Groups page shows the search filters and the default search results.
- If you want more specific results, set the group search options and click Search.
Note: The Member and Monitor search options support filtering by users only. You cannot filter by groups who are members or monitors.
The search results appear below the search form. Deleted groups appear in search results so that you can access their audit trails.
- If you want to sort the results, click the column that you want to sort by. You can sort by group title, status, date last modified, and whether groups can receive cases shared by partner agencies.
- If you want to improve the search results, update the search options as needed, and click Search again.
- If you want to view details about a group, click the group title.
The Group Profile page appears.