Evidence.com provides a search feature to help you find the evidence you need. In the Evidence area, you can use any of three evidence search pages:
- All Evidence — Finds all evidence, including evidence that you do not have permission to view.
- My Evidence — Finds evidence that you own or uploaded. The User or Group filter is automatically set to your name.
- Shared Evidence — Finds evidence that has been shared with you by the evidence owner.
- On the menu bar, click Evidence.
The All Evidence page lists all evidence, sorted by the most recently recorded evidence.
- Search for the evidence that you need. The following table provides steps for search-related tasks.
|View evidence||In search results, click the title of evidence that you want to view.|
|Find evidence that you own||Click My Evidence.|
|Find evidence that is shared with you||Click Shared Evidence.|
|Change search results||
|Sort search results||
Use the Sort By list to select ID, Title, Uploaded Date, or Recorded Date and click Sort Order to change order.
When in Table view, click the column headings for ID, Title, Uploaded Date, or Recorded Date.
|Switch between page layout options (table, detailed, or gallery)||On the Page Layout list, click the layout you want.|
Evidence in Archival Storage
For most agencies, inactive evidence (evidence that has not been viewed, downloaded, redacted, or unarchived in the last 6 months) is eligible for archival storage. Note that any evidence included in a Case will not be archived.
Once inactive evidence is archived, it may take up to 24 hours to retrieve before it can be viewed. Archived evidence will appear in search results with a status of Archived. Evidence that is being removed from storage will appear in the search results with a status of Unarchiving. Users can perform most bulk actions when selecting Active, Archived, or Unarchiving evidence. If a user attempts to perform a bulk action that is not allowed on Archived evidence, an error message is shown.
Evidence files that are archived or are being unarchived cannot be played back or viewed, but users can still perform the following actions on the evidence:
- Edit ID, Title, Recorded by and Recorded on
- Add, Edit, Delete Categories
- Add, Edit, Delete Edit Tags
- Manage Access Controls
- Restrict or Unrestrict
- Restore Evidence pending deletion
- Add, Edit, Delete Notes
- Edit description
- View Audit Trail
- Edit Location
- Flag or Unflag
- View related active clips, extractions, and transcripts
Users will not be able to:
- Send a Download Link
- Edit Photo (cropping)
- Start a Redaction
- Create a Clip
- Create a Marker
- Add the evidence to a Case (until it is unarchived)
For the actions that cannot be performed on archived evidence (viewing, downloading, adding to case, etc), users will need to have the evidence unarchived first before performing the actions. Users with access to the evidence can unarchive the evidence from the Evidence Details Page.
See the Archival Storage FAQs in the Axon Help Center for additional information on evidence in archival storage.
Evidence Search Filters
Evidence search filters help you limit search results to the evidence files that you want to see. Evidence.com includes in search results only the evidence files that match all the search filters that you set.
Basic Search Filters: These are always visible.
- ID — Limits search results to evidence whose ID includes the characters you enter in the ID box. For more information, see Text Search Details. You can also enter “None” as the search term to find evidence that does not have an ID.
- Title — Limits search results to evidence whose title includes the characters you enter in the Title box. For more information, see Text Search Details.
- User or Group — Limits search results to evidence owned by or uploaded by the group or user specified. To specify a user or group name, click in the box, start typing the name of the user or group, wait for Evidence.com to show the matching groups, and then click the group you want.
On the My Evidence page, the User or Group filter is set to your name by default.
- Date — Limits search results by either the recorded on, uploaded on, or deleted on date and time for the evidence. You must specify a date and time range by using the Start and End boxes, otherwise the search is not limited by date range. Search results are inclusive of the dates specified.
- Start — The start of the date and time range. If the Start box is empty, the date range begins with the earliest possible date.
- End — The end of the date and time range. If the End box is empty, the date range ends with today.
- Category — Limits search results to evidence that is assigned to the category that you select. Categories determine the retention period of evidence assigned to them. By default, search results include evidence assigned to any category, including uncategorized evidence.
- Tag - Limits search results to evidence whose tags includes the characters you enter in the Tag box. For more information, see Text Search Details. You can also enter “None” as the search term to find evidence that does not have a tag.
Advanced Search Filters: Click Show Advanced Search to show this additional search filters.
- File Type — Limits search results to the file type selected. By default, search results include all file types.
- Status — Limits search results to evidence whose status matches the status selected.
By default, evidence searches are limited to evidence with a status of Active.
- User Association — Limits search results to evidence that was uploaded by the specified user OR is owned by the specified user. Selecting both will show evidence that was uploaded or is owned by the specified user.
- Restricted – Limits search results to evidence that has been restricted.
- Date Type — Limits Date search results to the selected date type.
- Flag — Limits search results to evidence whose flag status matches the flag status selected.
- Source – Limits search results to evidence from the selected type of device that produced the evidence file.
The Body Worn Cameras option applies to all Axon Body Worn Cameras. The Fleet option applies to both Axon Fleet 2 and Axon Fleet. Evidence that has been extracted or redacted is included in the Other option.
- Device Serial – Limits search results to evidence from a particular device.
- Vehicle ID — Limits search results to evidence from a particular vehicle. Note that this field only appears if your agency uses Axon Fleet and a vehicle has been added to your account with the Vehicle Configuration.
- Mount Orientation – Limits search results to front or back Axon Fleet 2 or Axon Fleet cameras.
Text Search Details
The ID, Title, and Tag filters provide advanced text matching capability for evidence searches.
- You can enter letters, numbers, and the special characters: comma (,), dash (-), opening parentheses ((), closing parentheses ()), slash (/), and backslash (\).
- The text you enter can be a full or partial match of the data you are filtering. For example, if you enter 21 in the ID box, then any evidence with 21 in any portion of the ID is included in search results.
- You can search for more than one text string in a single filter by adding a space between the strings. This provides AND search functionality of the data you are filtering. For example, if you enter 12- 34 in the ID box, search results include any evidence with both 12- and 34 in the ID, such as 12-3456 and 12-7348.
- The order of text strings is irrelevant. For example, if you enter 78 21 in the ID box, search results include evidence with the ID 21378 and 17821.
- Capitalization for letter characters is irrelevant. For example, if you enter REDACT in the Title box, search results include evidence with the Title REDACT, redact, and redaction.
Evidence Search View Type
Search results can be shown in table view (default) or gallery view. The table view shows the results as a list, while the gallery view shows thumbnail images for the results. Examples of the table and gallery views are shown below.