In general, a case shared by a partner agency includes the metadata that the partner agency applied. For some metadata, Evidence.com takes special actions.
- Case ID — The ID assigned by the partner agency.
- Description — The description assigned by the partner agency.
- Categories — None. Evidence.com does not apply a retention category to the case. Evidence.com adds a note to the case to record any retention categories that the partner agency applied to the original case. Because retention policies vary among agencies, Evidence.com does not attempt to determine which of your agency’s retention categories should be applied to a case received from a partner agency.
- Tags — The tags applied by the partner agency, with the partner agency name appended. For example, if the partner agency applied the tag “McKinley”, the copy of the case that you receive includes the tag “McKinley (partner agency name)”. The tags are also added as notes to the case, to ensure that there is a record of the tags that were received. You can delete the tags that were copied from the partner agency.
- Notes — The notes created by the partner agency, with the partner agency name added. Evidence.com adds notes to record the tags and categories that the partner agency had applied to the original case.