Add a Category to Cases
You can add a category to one or more cases in search results.
- Search for the cases that you want to add a category to.
- For each case that you want to add a category to, select the check box to the left of the case.
- Above the search results, click Update Category.
A dialog box appears.
- In the New Category list, click the category that you want to add to all selected cases and then click Update.
- On the notification message box, click OK.
The search results show the category that you assigned to the cases. If more than one category is assigned to cases, “Multiple” appears in the Category column for that case.
Assign and Unassign Categories
On the View Case page, the Categories area appears below the case description. The Categories area lists the categories that the case is assigned to, if any.
- To the right of Categories, click (edit).
The “Select a category” list appears. If the case is already assigned to categories, a red X appears beside each assigned category.
- If you want to assign the case to a category, in the Select a category list, click the category and then click Add.
The category appears at the bottom of the list of assigned categories.
If you want to remove the case from a category, click the red X next to the category and then, on the confirmation message box, click OK.
Evidence.com removes the category from the list of assigned categories.
- When you are finished editing category assignments, click Done.