The search All Devices and CEWs options provides search features to help you find and manage devices.
- On the menu bar, click Inventory.
Click on the device type you want to search for or All Devices.
The device search results list with selected devices, sorted by the Last Upload date, is shown.
- Search for the devices that you need. The following table provides steps for search-related tasks.
|View a device||Click the serial number of the device|
|Find devices that are assigned to you or another person.||In the Assigned To field, enter the name of person whose devices you want to see.|
|Find unassigned devices||
In the Device Status filter, select In Stock.
|Change search results||
|Sort search results||
Use the Sort By list to select a column and click Sort Order to change order.
Click the column heading for Serial Number, Device Name, Last Upload, Device Status, Error Status, Firmware, or Warranty. To reverse the sort order, click the heading again.
For information about the actions you can take from search results, see Working with Device Search Results.
Device Search Filters
Case search filters help you limit search results to the cases that you want to see. Evidence.com includes in search results only the cases that match all the search filters that you set.
Basic Search Filters
- Serial Number — Limits search results to devices whose assigned serial number includes the characters entered in this field. This filter supports partial matches. For example, if you entered X81, the search results would include devices with the serial numbers X81162367 and X81233704.
- Device Name — Limits search results to devices whose name includes the characters entered in the Device Name field. By default, device names are the same as the device serial number; however, agencies can assign custom device names to some devices, such as body worn cameras and CEWs. This filter supports partial matches.
- Assigned To — Limits the search to devices that were most currently assigned to the specified user. Users can enter their name to see devices assigned to them.
- Upload Date Start — Limits search results to devices that uploaded to Evidence.com between the set dates. You can specify a date and time range by using the Start and End fields, otherwise the search is not limited by date range. Search results are inclusive of the dates specified.
- Start — The start of the date and time range. If the Start field is empty, the date range begins with the earliest possible date.
- End — The end of the date and time range. If the End field is empty, the date range ends with today.
Advanced Search Filters: Click Show Advanced Search to show these additional search filters.
- Device Model — Limits the search results to specified device model.
- Device Status — Limits the search results to devices with the specified status. To search for unassigned devices, select In Stock in the Device Status filter.
- Error Status — Limits the search results to devices with the specified error status.