To register the Axon Dock to your Evidence.com account you will need to have the Axon Dock, a computer, and 2 Ethernet cables. If your Axon Dock is not registered to your Evidence.com account cameras will not upload videos.
Step 1: Connecting to your Network
The back of the Axon Dock core has two ports for Ethernet cables, the WAN and LAN ports.
Note: The USB port on the rear of the core is not currently functional. It is there for future applications.
1. Plug one of the Ethernet cables into the WAN port.
2. Plug the other end of this Ethernet cable into an active internet port, which connects to your agency network.
3. Plug the other Ethernet cable into the LAN port.
4. Plug the other end of this Ethernet cable to your computer.
DO NOT connect the LAN port Ethernet cable to the wall.
Step 2: Connect to Power
1. Connect the two segments of the power cord included with the dock.
2. Plug the power cord into the core.
3. Connect the end of the power cord to a standard power outlet.
The green "POWER" LED on top of the core will light up when the dock is powered.
4. Give the dock several minutes to fully start.
The green "STATUS" LED on top will light up solid when the dock has started.
Step 3: Connect to the Dock
1. Confirm that the computer connected to the dock does not have wireless internet turned on.
2. Confirm that the computer connected to the dock is not connected to your network in any other way. Ensure that there is no wireless connection enabled and no VPN (remote access) software active on your computer.
3. Open a Web browser, such as Good Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
Note: if you are using Internet Explorer, ensure that you are using version 8 or greater.
4. in the URL box, type 10.10.1.1 and press Enter.
5. In the Configuration Assistant dialog box, click OK.
Step 4: Device Configuration
1. In the User Name box, type admin.
2. In the Password box, type admin.
Step 5: Administrator Login
1. In the Domain name box type your agency’s evidence.com domain name.
2. Type the admin user name and password that you use to login to Evidence.com in the respective boxes.
Click Save Changes.
Step 6: Registration
The system will then report that it is “Registering the Dock,” then “Generating Security Tokens,” and finally “Restarting the Dock.”
Allow up to two minutes for the system to restart.
Once the system is ready, the page will refresh and display the message ”The Dock has already been registered with Evidence.com.”
Note: Do not click the Save Changes button. You are already registered when this message is displayed. Go to Confirm Registration.
Step: 7: Confirm Registration
Click Status on the top-left part of the screen.
There should be six green check marks on the left side of the screen. This dock is now registered.