When started, Evidence Sync automatically installs available software updates. This process only updates the Evidence Sync software, and does not update the firmware in any Axon or TASER devices attached to the computer.
- In online mode, automatic update occurs after you log in.
- In offline mode, it will occur when Evidence Sync is launched and has an active internet connection.
- In all modes, this Evidence Sync upgrade will only occur if you do not have the most current version of Evidence Sync and you will be able cancel the upgrade.
You can turn the automatic updates off by following these steps. (When automatic update is off, the system will tell you that an upgrade is available and ask whether or not to upgrade your software. This upgrade also requires an internet connection.)
- Start Evidence Sync
- Double-click the SYNC desktop icon - OR -
- Click Start > All Programs > SYNC and select SYNC.
- Click SYNC, select Auto-Update, and then select Off (Figure 5)
If you click Learn more, you will see further explanation of how the feature works (Figure 6).
Note: When the auto update feature is turned off, Sync will still search for updates, and prompt you to install them when they are available (Figure 7).
Scheduling Automatic Uploads
The Auto-Upload feature allows you to upload files and evidence from your local directory to your Evidence.com account without having to manually do so at your computer. For this to work, your computer must have an active Internet connection.
These uploads will occur even if you are signed out of Evidence Sync, and even if you are logged out of your Windows account.
- Click Start and select All Programs.
- Click SYNC and select SYNC.
- Click SYNC, select Mode, and then select Online.
- Type your login information and click Sign in.
- In the navigation pane, navigate to the folder containing the files you want to upload. The file path may be Computer > OSDisk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > SYNC > Videos (Figure 12).
- Click Schedule Auto-Uploads.
- Schedule your uploads (Figure 13).