- Disconnect the TASER CAM recorder from the PC or wall power and remove the charging cable from the recorder.
- Confirm that the X26 safety is in the down (SAFE) position.
- Remove the TASER cartridge from the X26 CEW. (See the TASER X26 section for more information on unloading TASER cartridges.)
- Confirm that the charging cable is removed from the TASER CAM recorder.
- Firmly insert the TASER CAM recorder into the CEW until it clicks and the X26 CEW’s ejector button pops out completely.
If the X26 weapon software is an older revision, the TASER CAM recorder will update the software. A “P” will appear on the X26 CID indicating that the weapon software is being updated.
DO NOT REMOVE THE TASER CAM RECORDER UNTIL THE SOFTWARE UPDATE AND BOOT UP SEQUENCE IS COMPLETE. DOING SO WILL CORRUPT THE SOFTWARE IN THE X26 CEW.
- Observe the boot up sequence on the X26 CID. The boot up sequence should be the same as when a standard DPM/XDPM battery pack is inserted.
- Shift the safety to the up (ARMED) position. The TASER CAM recorder will begin recording in approximately 2 seconds.
Note: The CID will flash “88” if the camera lens is blocked resulting in poor or no visibility in the video. Audio recording is unaffected.
Note: When the CEW’s safety is in the up (ARMED) position, the TASER CAM unit starts recording. The light next to the TASER CAM recorder’s lens will blink red to indicate the unit is recording. When the CEW’s safety is in the down (SAFE) position, the TASER CAM recorder stops recording. (If the CEW is in the stealth mode or the flashlight and LASERs are turned OFF [OO], the red LED will STILL blink. See the TASER X26 section for more information on light and LASER settings.)
- Test fire the X26 CEW. The flashlight may flash. This is normal.
- Shift the safety to the down (SAFE) position. The TASER CAM recorder will stop recording.
- Connect the TASER CAM recorder to a PC to download and view the video/audio recorded during this test. You also can use the TASER CAM recorder to download the firing logs from the weapon (see the Operating the TASER CAM System section below for more information).
Note: Remember that the X26 CEW is being powered by the TASER CAM battery, and as with any X26 CEW, it must not be without power for an extended period of time (4 or more hours) in order to maintain the integrity of the software and clock. If the TASER CAM recorder is removed from an X26 CEW, a DPM/XDPM battery pack should be inserted to keep the unit continually powered. The X26 CEW (with weapon software that supports the TASER CAM recorder) will support an older-version DPM/XDPM battery pack.
Operating the TASER CAM System
When the TASER CAM recorder is inserted into an X26 CEW and disconnected from an external charging source (PC or wall power), it provides power to the CEW and to the sensitive camera and microphone used by the TASER CAM recorder.
Install the EVIDENCE Sync software on your computer, update the X26 and TASER CAM devices’ firmware, and configure your TASER CAM recorder before attempting to use it with the CEW. See Charging the TASER CAM Recorder and Configuring the TASER CAM Recorder with Evidence Sync Software.