Replacing the TASER CAM Battery
The TASER CAM HD recorder’s battery may be replaced by a qualified technician. See the TASER CAM HD Battery Replacement Guide for more information.
DO NOT attempt to replace the TASER CAM HD battery unless you have been trained in the replacement procedure.
Battery Safety Information
Failure to maintain the TASER CAM HD battery as instructed may cause the battery, X2 CEW or system to malfunction or fail to function properly or optimally. Follow and comply with the following instructions to reduce the risk of malfunction, including failure:
- Charge the Battery Before Use. The TASER CAM HD battery must be charged and functional prior to use. Be aware that a battery can fail to function, fail to charge, fail to maintain a charge, or deteriorate over time. Properly maintain the battery and ensure that it is fully functional. If the battery is not fully functional, immediately replace it with a fully functional battery. See the TASER CAM HD Battery Replacement Guide for instructions.
- Cleaning Battery Terminals. In case the battery terminals (electrical contacts) are contaminated, clean the terminals with a dry cloth before use. Otherwise power failure or charge failure may occur due to the poor connection between the battery and the electronic circuitry of the device.
To prevent potential injuries, leaking, overheating or explosion of batteries, please be advised to take the following precautions:
- Battery Fluid Contact with Skin or Eyes. In case the battery fluid gets into the eyes due to the leakage of battery, do not rub the eyes. Rinse the eyes with clean running water, and seek medical attention immediately. Battery fluid’s contact with the eyes or skin could cause serious injury, including a loss of eyesight.
- Extreme Temperatures. Do not expose the battery to excessive heat, cold, or water. Do not use or leave the battery near a heat source or at a very high temperature (for example, fire, heater, in strong direct sunlight, or in a vehicle in extremely hot weather). Otherwise, the battery may overheat, cause a fire, or its performance will be degenerated and its service life will be shortened.
- Static Electricity. Keep the battery away from sources of static electricity. Static electricity can cause damage to the battery, which could result in serious injury.
- Replacement. The rechargeable battery in the TASER CAM HD system may be replaced by a qualified technician. Do not use any battery other than those designated by TASER. Doing so may cause battery explosion, battery leakage, system damage, injury, or fire.
- Handling. Do not carry or store the TASER CAM HD recorder in places where the battery contacts may become dirty or short-circuited. To avoid risk of fire, burns, or damage to your battery pack, do not allow a metal object to touch the battery contacts. Do not strike or throw the battery against hard surfaces. Do not directly solder the battery or pierce the battery with a nail or other sharp object. Never disassemble, short circuit, or heat batteries or put batteries in a fire. Doing so may cause battery explosion, battery leakage, system damage, injury, or fire.
- Abnormal Appearance. If the battery gives off an odor, generates heat, becomes discolored or deformed, or in any way appears abnormal during use, recharging, or storage, immediately remove it from the device or battery charger and place it in a contained vessel such as a metal box.
- Disposal. Dispose of the battery properly; contact your local waste disposal provider regarding local restrictions on the disposal or recycling of batteries. Do not dispose of the battery in fire or heat. The battery may explode if placed in the fire.