Smart Cartridges (sold separately) are shipped with a shipping cover in place. Carefully remove the cover before attempting to load a cartridge into an X2 CEW.
- Hold the cartridge over a table or other close by surface so the cartridge will not fall to the floor if it is dropped.
- Hold the cartridge so the blast doors are facing away from you and others. (The blast doors are behind the solid portion of the cartridge cover with the word REMOVE on it.)
- Find the cartridge tab sticking out the rounded side of the shipping cover.
- Push against this tab while pulling the cartridge out. You might consider pushing on the cartridge with your thumbs and holding the cover with your fingers. There should be an audible click when the cover releases the cartridge.
- Pull the cartridge out of the cover