You can use Axon View to tag the videos you record with metadata, such as ID, title, and retention category. Axon View transfers the tag information to the Axon camera. Tag information that you apply does not alter the original video evidence file.
When you place the Axon camera in an Axon Dock or connect the Axon camera to a computer that is running the Evidence Sync application, the videos on the camera automatically upload to your Evidence.com agency. The tag information that you apply to each video also uploads and can be viewed by anyone with permission to view the evidence.
- Ensure that the Axon camera is turned on and paired to the mobile device.
- On the iOS mobile device, open the Axon View app.
Axon View connects to the Axon camera.
- Tap (Evidence List).
The Evidence List screen shows a list of video thumbnails.
- Scroll to the thumbnail of the video that you want to tag and then tap it.
The Evidence Review screen shows the media player in addition to metadata about the video, such as recording date and time and the ID, Title, and Category fields.
- In the upper right, tap Edit.
- For each metadata box, make the necessary edits.
- ID — Tap the ID box and type the case ID that you want to apply to the videoevidence file.
- Title — Tap the Title box and type the title that you want to apply to the videoevidence file.
- Category —Tap Category and then, on the Select Category screen, tap the category that you want to apply to the video-evidence file.
- When you have finished tagging the video-evidence file, in the upper left, tap Save.
The Evidence Review screen reappears.