Before you can tag a recorded video-evidence file with a retention category, you must first retrieve your agency’s retention categories.
Note: This procedure requires that Axon View can access the Internet. If a data connection is not available on the mobile device, Axon View cannot complete this procedure.
If you are using an Axon Body 2 and the mobile device is connected to the camera by Wi-Fi, then Axon View can use cellular data connection. If the mobile device cannot provide a cellular data connection, in the Settings app, use the Wi-Fi screen to connect to a network that can provide an Internet connection.
- Ensure that the Axon camera is turned on and connected to the mobile device.
- On the iOS mobile device, open the Axon View app.
- In the upper left, tap .
The Settings screen appears.
- Under Account Settings, tap Agency.
The Agency Lookup screen appears.
- Tap youragency and then type the unique, first part of your Evidence.com agency’s URL. For example, if your agency URL were example.evidence.com, you would type example.
- Tap Continue
- If the categories load correctly you will be redirected automatically to the Settings screen and next to Agency should be the name of your agency.
To confirm that the categories have loaded properly go back to the evidence review screen and tap on a video. Tap Category, tap Category again and the categories from your agency will be listed.