A user audit trail shows many of the activities taken by the user in addition to changes to the user account. User audit trails are available two formats:
- PDF format — Well suited for use in court.
- Comma-separated values (CSV) format — Supported by spreadsheet applications such as Microsoft Excel and helpful for simplifying reporting and integration with other systems.
Evidence-related user actions that appear in user audit trails include the following:
- View evidence
- Watch video evidence
- Initiate evidence deletion
- Restore deleted evidence
- Upload evidence
- Add or edit evidence title
- Add or edit evidence ID
- Add or edit categories assigned to evidence
- Add or edit evidence location
- Edit evidence recorded date and time
- Extend evidence retention period
- Flag or un-flag evidence
- Share evidence internally (with users in your Evidence.com agency)
- Share evidence externally (with users outside your Evidence.com agency)
- Add or edit evidence tags
- Add or edit evidence description
- Add, edit, or remove evidence notes
- Reassign evidence
- Add evidence to a case
- Add a marker
- Download a marker
- Add a video clip
- Add video redaction
Case-related user actions that appear in user audit trails include the following:
- Create case
- Viewed case
- Add evidence to a case
- Remove evidence from a case
- Share case by download link
- Share case with partner agency
- Share case with user in your agency (add member to case)
- Download case
- Add or remove folder
- Add or edit categories assigned to case
- Edit case title
- Add or edit case description
- Add, edit, or delete case notes
- Add or remove case tags
Get a User Audit Trail
- On the menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click All Users.
- Search for the user whose audit trail you want to view.
- In the user search results, click the user name.
The User Summary page appears.
- Click View Audit Trail.
A dialog box provides options for the date range and file type.
- Under Select Date Range, do one of the following:
- If you want to view the whole audit trail, select View entire audit log.
- If you want to view a portion of the audit trail, select View portion of audit log, either specify a date in either or both the From or To boxes or click a shortcut for a date range, such as Yesterday.
- Under Select File Type, click the file type that you want.
Evidence.com downloads the user audit trail in the format you selected.
- Save or view the audit trail file, as needed.