When you need to add many users to your Evidence.com agency, use the Import Users feature. This feature lets you create many user accounts quickly. You specify details about the new users in a file that you upload to Evidence.com.
You are limited to assigning the same user role to each user that you add from an uploaded file; therefore, create upload files that contain only users that you want to assign to the same user role. For example, create an upload file for users that you want to assign the Armorer role and create a different upload file for users that you want to assign the User role.
The supported file formats are the following formats:
- Comma-separated values (CSV) file — Supported by spreadsheet applications, such as Microsoft Excel.
- Text (TXT) file — Supported by text editors and word processors. It is recommended that you use a text editor such as Microsoft Notepad to ensure that the file format is correct.
In either format, you must specify the following information for each user:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Badge ID
- External ID (optional – if not provided, Evidence.com will automatically generate one)
- Rank (optional – the Rank Name, as entered in Axon Evidence.com for your agency, for the user)
- Evidence Group (optional – the Group ID number for the Evidence Group, listed as the External ID on the Group page)
Note: In order to complete the registration process, users must have access to the email addresses that you specify.
- On the menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click Import Users.
The Import Users page appears.
- Download the example file for the format that you want to use.
- Make a copy of the example file and assign it a meaningful file name.
- Open the file in the appropriate application. For a .txt file, use a text editor. For a .csv file, use a spreadsheet application.
The first row or line of the file contains column names. The second and third row or line is an example.
- Delete the second and third lines. Do not delete the first line. Evidence.com expects the first line to contain the column names.
- For every user that you want to add, include a line in the file that specifies values for the user first name, last name, email address, and badge ID.
Ensure that you separate the values in each row or line appropriately:
- In a .txt file, ensure that you add a tab after each value.
- In a .csv file, ensure that each value is in the cell beneath the applicable header.
- Save the file.
- In Evidence.com, if your session has timed out, sign in again and return to the Import Users page by clicking Admin and then, under Users, clicking Import Users.
- Click Choose File and, in the dialog box that opens, select the file on your computer, and then click Next.
Evidence.com displays a list of the users found in the uploaded file.
- For each user that you want to add, select the check box to the left of the user first name.
- In the Role for all users list, click the user role that you want to assign to each user that you selected and then click Next.
Evidence.com displays a confirmation page. The role to be assigned to each user is noted near the bottom of the page.
- Review the user information a final time and then click Next.
Evidence.com imports the users and sends each user an invitation email.
A message box displays buttons for importing more users or ending the process.
- Click the button for the action you want to take next.