Users with permission to create a group can do so as needed.
At a minimum, when you create a group, you specify the group title. You can also add users and other groups as members, specify evidence-monitoring permissions, and specify whether the group can receive shared evidence from partner agencies.
- On the menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click Create Group.
The Create Group page appears.
- Name the Group and set the Manage Access Setting
The group title must be at least three characters long and can be a maximum of 128 characters long.
There are three Manage Access Settings for a Group:
- No access: The Group cannot be added to any access lists.
- Inside my agency access: The Group can be added to evidence access lists inside your agency, but partner agencies will not see the Group in their access lists.
- Partner agency access: The Group can be added to access lists inside your agency and at partner agencies.
- Click Create.
- For each user or group that you want to add as a group member, in the Add Members box, start typing the name of the user or group, wait for Evidence.com to show the list of matching users or groups, click the user or group that you want, and then click Add.
When all group members have been added, click Next.
- Add Monitoring Relationships (optional). The final step when creating a group is adding monitoring relationships for the group. A Group's monitoring relationship is independent of the Group's Manage Access Settings.
There are two types of monitoring relationships:
- Monitors of this Group: This sets the users and groups that can access evidence owned by members of this group.
- This Group can Monitor: This allows group members to access evidence owned by members of the specified groups. In other words, you are effectively assigning all Group Members as Monitors of the specified Groups.
Otherwise, once you have decided which type of Monitoring Relationship to use, click the appropriate text box and start typing the name of the user or group, wait for Evidence.com to show the list of matching users or groups, click the user or group that you want, and then click Add.
- When all monitoring relationships have been added, click Done.
The Group Profile page shows the members and monitors of the group.