Users with permission to create a group can do so as needed.
At a minimum, when you create a group, you specify the group title. You can also add users and other groups as members, specify evidence-monitoring permissions, and specify whether the group can receive shared evidence from partner agencies.
- On the menu bar, click Admin and then under Users, click All Groups. On the Groups page click Create Group. The Create Group page appears.
The Create Group page appears.
- Name the Group and set the Access Setting
The group title must be at least three characters long and can be a maximum of 128 characters long.
There are three Manage Access Settings for a Group:
- No access: The Group cannot be added to any access lists.
- Inside my agency access: The Group can be added to evidence access lists inside your agency, but partner agencies will not see the Group in their access lists.
- Partner agency access: The Group can be added to access lists inside your agency and at partner agencies.
- If this group is being set up as a Coaching Group, select Coaching Specialty Group.
- Optionally, enter an External ID for the group.
This is a unique value that identifies the group. If you do not enter a value, an External ID is automatically generated by the system.
This ID is persistent and unchanging for the life of the group. If the ID is assigned by your organization. It is recommended that you determine a group ID strategy that best suits your needs.
To find the external group ID for an existing group, view the Group Profile page for the group.
- If you want to create additional Groups without adding members, select Create another right away.
- Click Create.
If you selected to create another group right away, the group information is saved and a new Create Group page is shown. Repeat steps 2 – 6 to create the new group.
- On the group page, click Add Members.
- For each user or group that you want to add as a group member, start typing the name of the user or group, wait for Evidence.com to show the list of matching users or groups, and then click the name of user or group that you want add.
When all group members have been added, click Done.
- Optionally, click the Monitoring relationships tab to add group monitors. The final step when creating a group is adding monitoring relationships for the group. A Group's monitoring relationship is independent of the Group's Access Settings.
Note: If License Tiers are enforced or in preview mode for your agency, Group Monitors must be assigned to a Pro Tier role.There are two types of monitoring relationships:
- Group monitors: This sets the users and groups that can access evidence owned by members of this group.
- Monitored by this group: This allows group members to access evidence owned by members of the specified groups. In other words, you are effectively assigning all Group Members as Monitors of the specified Groups.
Otherwise, once you have decided which type of Monitoring Relationship to use:
- Click Add Monitors to add group monitors. For each user or group that you want to add as a monitor, in the Search Users or Groups box, start typing the name of the user or group, wait for Evidence.com to show the list of matching users or groups, and then click the name of user or group that you want add.
- Click Add Groups to add groups to monitor. For each group that you want this group to monitor, in the Search Groups box, start typing the name of the group, wait for Evidence.com to show the list of matching groups, and then click the name of group.
- Click Back to Group Search or navigate to any other page.