Administrators and users who are allowed the Upload External Files permission can import evidence files into your Evidence.com agency. The user who uploads evidence files becomes the owner of the evidence.
You can use this feature to import evidence that was not recorded on Axon devices, such as pictures taken with your smartphone and saved on your computer.
When you import an evidence file, Evidence.com classifies the file by its file type by the file extension, such as .jpg, .mp3, and .docx. You can filter evidence searches by file type. If Evidence.com does not recognize a file extension, it classifies the file as “Other”.
The maximum file size is 2 Gigabytes.
- On the menu bar, click Evidence and then click Import Evidence.
The Import Evidence page appears.
- Add the files that you want to import, using either of the following methods:
- Find the files on your computer and then drag and drop the files onto the Import Evidence page.
- Click Select Files and then use the dialog box to find and select the files on your computer.
- For each file that you added, provide the following information:
Information Purpose Title A meaningful name for the evidence. If you omit the title, Evidence.com assigns the file name as the title. ID It is recommended that you assign evidence the same ID as the case that the evidence is associated with. After you import evidence, you can easily add it to the case. Category
Determines the retention period for evidence that is not assigned to an active case. Uncategorized evidence is retained until it is manually deleted.For sensitive evidence, restricted categories provide additional, permission-based control of who can view the evidence.
Note: Although it is recommended that you add the title, ID, and category now, Evidence.com enables you to add this information after importing the evidence.
- Click Upload Evidence.
Evidence.com begins uploading the evidence files. When Evidence.com has successfully uploaded a file, the Progress column shows “Upload Complete”.
- If you want to view evidence that you uploaded, under Progress, click Upload Complete.
- When you have finished uploading evidence files, close the Import Evidence page.