From the View Case page, you can add evidence to the case you are viewing; however, you cannot add evidence to a case whose status is Deleted.
If a case is shared with partner agencies and you add evidence to the case, Evidence.com provides you the option of sharing the additional evidence with the partner agencies.
- Above the Case Details area, click Add Evidence. An evidence search page appears.
- Search for the evidence that you want to add to the case.
If you need to refine the search results, use the search filters as needed. For more information, see Searching for Evidence.
- For each evidence file that you want to add to the case, select the check box to the left of the evidence ID.
- Click Add to Case.
- On the confirmation message box, click Yes.
A dialog box provides you the choice of continuing to add evidence or returning to the case.
If the case is shared with partner agencies, the dialog box also includes the option to share the additional evidence with all the partner agencies with whom the case is shared.
- If you want to continue adding evidence, click Add More Evidence and then return to step 2.
- If you have finished adding evidence, do one of the following actions:
- If the dialog box does not list partner agencies, click Return to Case.
- If you want to share the additional evidence with the listed partner agencies, ensure that the Share with listed partner check box is selected, and then click Update Partner and Return to Case.
- If you do not want to share the additional evidence with the listed partner agencies, clear the Share with listed partner check box, and then click Return to Case.
The View Case page reappears.
If you chose to share the additional evidence with partner agencies, Evidence.com notifies them that there is additional evidence.
- If you want to confirm that the evidence was added to the case, click All Evidence and view the list of evidence files assigned to the case.