When you need to change the owner of a case to another user or to a group, you can reassign the cases from the results of a case search.
If you reassign a case to a group, Evidence.com chooses one user from the group to be the case owner. Evidence.com assigns the other users to the case as members. When it chooses an owner, Evidence.com prioritizes the choice.
- Group monitor — If the group has monitors, Evidence.com chooses the owner from the monitors of the groups, choosing at random if there is more than one monitor to choose from.
- Group member — If the group has no monitors, Evidence.com chooses the owner from among the members of the group, choosing at random if there is more than one member to choose from.
- Search for the cases that you want to reassign to another user.
- For each case that you want to reassign, select the check box to the left of the case.
- Above the search results, click Reassign.
A dialog box appears.
- In the Reassign To box, start typing the name of the user or group to whom you want to assign the cases, wait for Evidence.com to show the list of matching users and groups, click the user or group that you want, and then click Reassign.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
The search results show that the user or group who you selected is now the case owner.