Evidence.com provides case search features to help you find the cases that you need. In the Cases area, you can use any of the three case-search pages:
- All Cases—Finds all cases, including cases you may not have permission to view.
- My Cases—Finds cases that you own. The Owner filter is automatically set to your name.
- Shared Cases—Finds cases that have been shared with you by the case owner or another user with permission to share the case.
- On the menu bar, click Cases.
The All Cases page lists all cases, sorted by the date they were last updated.
- Search for the cases that you need. The following table provides steps for search-related tasks.
|View a case||Click the ID of the case.|
|Find cases that you own||Click My Cases.|
|Find cases that are shared with you||Click Shared Cases.|
|Change search results||
|Sort search results||
Click the column heading for Id, Create Date, or Last Update Date.
|Switch between page layout option (table or detailed)||On the Page Layout list, click the layout you want.|
Case Search Filters
Case search filters help you limit search results to the cases that you want to see. Evidence.com includes in search results only the cases that match all the search filters that you set.
- ID — Limits search results to cases whose ID includes the characters you enter in the ID box. For more information, see Text Search Details.
- Category — Limits search results to cases that are assigned to the category that you select. By default, search results include cases assigned to any category, including uncategorized cases.
- Status — Limits search results to cases whose status matches the status selected. By default, case searches include all statuses.
- Owner — Limits search results to cases owned by the user specified. To specify the user, click in the Owner box, start typing the name of the user, wait for Evidence.com to show the matching users, and then click the user you want.
On the My Cases page, the Owner filter is set to your name by default.
- Tag — Limits search results to cases whose tags includes the characters you enter in the Tag box. For more information, see Text Search Details.
- Flagged — Limits search results to cases whose flag status matches the flag status selected.
- Date — Limits search results by either the creation date of the case or the last date that the case was updated, as selected. You must also specify a date range by using the From and To boxes; otherwise, the search is not limited by date range. Search results are inclusive of the dates specified.
- From — The start of the date range. If the From box is empty, the date range begins with the earliest possible date.
- To — The end of the date range. If the To box is empty, the date range ends with today.
Text Search Details
For case searches, the ID and Tag filters provide advanced text matching features.
- You can enter letters, numbers, and the special characters: comma (,), dash (-), opening parentheses ((), closing parentheses ()), slash (/), and backslash (\).
- The text you enter can be a full or partial match of the data you are filtering. For example, if you enter 21 in the ID box, then any evidence with 21 in any portion of the ID is included in search results.
- You can search for more than one text string in a single filter by adding a space between the strings. This provides AND search functionality of the data you are filtering. For example, if you enter 12- 34 in the ID box, search results include any evidence with both 12- and 34 in the ID, such as 12-3456 and 12-7348.
- The order of text strings is irrelevant. For example, if you enter 78 21 in the ID box, search results include evidence with the ID 21378 and 17821.
- Capitalization for letter characters is irrelevant. For example, if you enter REDACT in the Tag box, search results include evidence with the Tag REDACT, redact, and redaction.