Ensure that you fully charge the TASER CAM recorder before the first use (before it is inserted into an X26 CEW).
For any subsequent charging performed with the recorder inserted in the CEW, ensure that the safety switch is in the down (SAFE) position and that the cartridge is removed from the CEW.
Depending on the amount of charge in the battery, it may take up to 5 hours for the TASER CAM recorder to fully charge. Charging can be accomplished with the TASER CAM recorder in the X26 CEW or independently (with the TASER CAM recorder out of the X26 CEW).
Note: Never remove the TASER CAM recorder from the CEW while the recorder is plugged into a computer.
Charging the TASER CAM Recorder Using the Wall Power Charging Cable
NOTE: Some previous TASER CAM models could be charged with a PC USB cable. This will not work with TASER CAM recorders with serial numbers starting with V13.
- Shift the X26 CEW’s safety switch to the down (SAFE) position.
- Safely remove the TASER cartridge.
- Remove the data port plug from the bottom of the TASER CAM recorder.
- Connect the wall power cable to the TASER CAM recorder.
Note: When inserting the power cable, it is important that the gold tabs face forward toward the camera lens.
- Connect the wall power cable to a wall outlet.
- A green light near the TASER CAM lens will flash to indicate charging.
- When charging is complete, the green light will remain steady.
- After unplugging the charging cable from the TASER CAM recorder, remember to replace the dataport plug on the TASER CAM recorder to prevent damage from any debris or moisture.
Note: Never remove the TASER CAM recorder from the CEW while the safety is in the up (ARMED) position.
If the TASER CAM recorder is charging while it is in the X26 CEW, the right half of the X26 CID will display a sequence of numbers. When the battery is fully charged, three horizontal segments will be displayed.
Note: When the USB download cable or wall charging cable is disconnected from the TASER CAM recorder while in the X26 CEW, the X26 CEW will go through its boot-up sequence as if a DPM/XDPM battery pack were removed and reinserted. Never remove the TASER CAM recorder from the X26 CEW while it is going through the boot-up sequence, or while the safety is in the up (ARMED) position.