Each agency should establish a maintenance and handling program.
The X2 CEW product is a sensitive piece of electronic equipment, and should be handled with care. Avoid dropping an X2 CEW. Do not use an X2 CEW that has a cracked handle.
- Check the battery pack regularly. Replace it when the battery percentage reaches 20%.
- Occasionally wipe out the X2 cartridge deployment bays with a dry cloth. Multiple cartridge firings create carbon build-up (particularly after training courses) that should be removed.
Do not wipe out the X2 bays immediately after the CEW has been fired as you might receive a latent short electrical shock. Wait at least 5 minutes after the last discharge of the X2 CEW before wiping out the bays.
- Secure the X2 CEW in a protective holster when the CEW is not in use.
- Function test the CEW regularly.
- Update the CEW’s software when updated software is released.
- Download your X2 CEW data to EVIDENCE.com services or your local PC at least once per quarter and always before sending the CEW to Axon.
- Avoid immersing the X2 CEW in water or exposing the X2 CEW to excessive moisture or water.
- See the troubleshooting guide at www.axon.com for additional maintenance instructions.