Each agency should establish a maintenance and handling program.
The X26P product is a sensitive piece of electronic equipment, and should be handled with care. Avoid dropping an X26P ECD. Do not use an X26P ECD that has a cracked handle.
- Check the battery pack regularly. Replace it when the battery percentage reaches 20%.
- Occasionally wipe out the X26P cartridge deployment bay with a dry cloth. Multiple cartridge firings create carbon build-up (particularly after training courses) that should be removed.
Do not wipe out the X26P cartridge bay immediately after the CEW has been fired as you might receive a latent short electrical shock. Wait at least 5 minutes after the last discharge of the X26P CEW before wiping out the bay.
- Secure the X26P ECD in a protective holster when the ECD is not in use.
- Function test the ECD regularly.
- Update the ECD’s firmware when updated firmware is released.
- Download your X26P ECD data to Evidence.com services or your local PC at least once per quarter and always before sending the ECD to Axon.
- Avoid immersing the X26P ECD in water or exposing the X26P ECD to excessive moisture or water.
- See the troubleshooting guide at www.axon.com for additional maintenance instructions.
Check expiration of TASER cartridges (5-year expiration date is listed on the base of the cartridge). Do not use an expired TASER cartridge in the field. They should only be used for training.