Each agency should establish a maintenance and handling program.
The X26P product is a sensitive piece of electronic equipment, and should be handled with care. Avoid dropping an X26P CEW. Do not use an X26P CEW that has a cracked handle.
- Check the battery pack regularly. Replace it when the battery percentage reaches 20%.
- Occasionally wipe out the X26P cartridge deployment bay with a dry cloth. Multiple cartridge firings create carbon build-up (particularly after training courses) that should be removed.
Do not wipe out the X26P cartridge bay immediately after the CEW has been fired as you might receive a latent short electrical shock. Wait at least five minutes after the last discharge of the X26P CEW before wiping out the bay.
- Secure the X26P CEW in a protective holster when the ECD is not in use.
- Function test the CEW regularly.
- Update the CEW’s firmware when updated firmware is released.
- Download your X26P CEW data to Axon Evidence (Evidence.com) services or your local PC at least once per quarter and always before sending the CEW to Axon for repair or warranty work.
- Avoid immersing the X26P CEW in water or exposing the X26P CEW to excessive moisture or water.
- See the troubleshooting guide at www.axon.com for additional maintenance instructions.
Check expiration of TASER cartridges (5-year expiration date is listed on the base of the cartridge). Do not use an expired TASER cartridge in the field. They should only be used for training.