The X26P CEW has a high intensity white LED to aid the user in dark environments.
Selector Switch (LASER and LED Flashlights)
You can select four modes of illumination when using the X26P CEW. To change the illumination setting:
- Point the CEW in a safe direction.
- Ensure the safety switch is in the down (SAFE) position.
- Keeping your hand away from the blast doors, depress the tabs on the sides of the cartridge and remove.
- Press and hold the selector switch for approximately 1 second until the CID display illuminates.
Note: Using pens or paper clips to press the selector switch may damage it. Only use your finger to press the selector switch.
- Press and release the selector switch to toggle through the four available settings until the setting you desire is designated on the CID. Stop when the setting you desire is displayed.
OO: Neither the LASER nor the Flashlight will illuminate.
LO: Only LASER will illuminate
OF: Only Flashlight will illuminate
LF: LASER and Flashlight both illuminate
The selected mode displays for 5 seconds, and will be the default mode the next time the safety switch is moved to the up (ARMED) position.
The selector switch may also be used to activate the Stealth Mode, which will shut off the LASER and flashlight, and dim the CID display. To do this, press the selector switch when the safety is in the up (ARMED) position. To take the CEW out of Stealth Mode, press the selector switch again or shift the safety to the down (SAFE) position. You will have to reactivate the Stealth mode each time you place the safety in the up (ARMED) position.
Do not place your fingers or any part of your body in front of the cartridge when activating the Stealth Mode.