The X26P CEW is shipped with the PPM battery pack pre-installed. To change the battery pack:
- Point the CEW in a safe direction.
- Ensure the safety switch is in the down (SAFE) position.
- Safely remove the TASER cartridge (do not place any body parts in front of the cartridge).
See the Loading and Unloading TASER Cartridges section in this manual for more information.
- To unload the battery pack, depress the battery pack release button and remove the battery pack from the handle of the CEW.
- Inspect the battery contacts. Ensure that they appear in working order and are free from dirt or other residue that may interrupt the battery connection to the CEW.
- Install the new battery pack and ensure that it is fully inserted into the X26P CEW. Apply sufficient force to ensure the battery pack is fully seated. When the battery pack seats properly, the release button should pop out from the recessed position with an audible click.