Do not immerse the CEW in water. If your CEW has been submerged in water or exposed to a significant amount of water for an extended time, remove it from service and contact Axon.
Follow these steps for a CEW exposed to some moisture but not submerged in water.
- Point the CEW in a safe direction and away from your body.
- Shift the safety switch to the down (SAFE) position.
- Safely remove the battery pack.
- Safely remove the TASER cartridge.
- Let the CEW dry out.
Dry the X26P CEW thoroughly (at least 24 hours). Do not use an external heat source such as a microwave oven or hair dryer to dry the X26P CEW.
- Point the CEW in a safe direction and away from your body and ensure that the safety switch to the down (SAFE) position.
- Safely reinstall the battery pack.
- Wait 1 minute before proceeding to the next step. Confirm that the CEW or battery pack is not getting warm.
- Shift the safety to the up (ARMED) position. If the CEW discharges without the trigger being pressed, shift the safety switch to the down (SAFE) position immediately, remove the battery pack, return the CEW to Axon per the return policies if the CEW is still under warranty.
If the CEW does not discharge, go to step 10.
- Look at the CID to ensure the X26P CEW is functioning properly and the CID is not showing any fault icons.
- Confirm that the LASER and flashlight are working properly.
- Press the trigger switch to test the functioning. Conduct three complete 5-second discharges to confirm the proper pulse rate and observe that the cycle stops at 5 seconds. See the instructions under Performing a Function Test for more information.
- If the trigger switch does not work, or if the CID shows a critical error icon, shift the safety switch to the down (SAFE) position immediately, remove the battery pack, and return the CEW to Axon per the return policies if the CEW is still under warranty.
- If the CEW does function normally, shift the safety switch to the down (SAFE) position
- Connect the CEW to Evidence Sync and confirm the internal time is correct. See the Evidence Sync guide for more information.
- Confirm that the 3 trigger discharges were recorded properly in the download records.
- Return the CEW to service.