Each agency should establish a maintenance and handling program.
The X26 product is a sensitive electronic piece of equipment, and should be handled with care. Avoid dropping an X26 ECD. Do not use an X26 ECD that has a cracked handle.
- Check the battery pack regularly. Replace it when the battery percentage reaches 20%.
Note: The X26 ECD must be stored with the battery pack inserted at all times. Failure to do so may result in loss of time and date settings, software corruption, and/or ECD failure. If the battery pack is left out for an extended period of time, the software in the ECD may be damaged and the date/time may be reset. Refer to the online troubleshooting guide at www.axon.com.
- Check expiration of TASER cartridges (5-year expiration date is listed on the base of the cartridge). Do not use an expired TASER cartridge in the field. Expired cartridges should only be used for training.
- Occasionally wipe out the cartridge firing bay with a dry cloth. Multiple cartridge firings create carbon build-up (particularly after training courses).
- Secure in protective holster when not in use.
- When an X26 ECD is returned to Axon for repair, the download data will be lost. Download the data before returning the unit.
- Avoid exposing the X26 ECD to excessive moisture, or water.
- See the troubleshooting guide at www.axon.com for detailed instructions.