This article describes the information and actions available on the Device Profile page.
You can take the following actions from the Device Profile page:
Device Profile Page Overview
The Device Profile page is divided into several sections. Not all sections are used for all devices.
- The left side of the profile page shows the current device status, name, device home information, and provides access to the device audit trail.
- The User Information section shows the current assignee, when the device was assigned to the user, and provides access to reassign the device.
- The Summary section shows essential information about the device, such as the firmware version and warranty information.
- The State section includes information about the most recent Axon Dock connection for the device. This information can be used to help locate the current, or last known, Axon Dock by providing the name and serial number of the Dock, in addition to showing when the camera last communicated with Evidence.com. Additionally, it shows if the device is currently uploading information to Evidence.com.
- The Connected Devices section is only shown for Docks. It provides information on devices, such as body worn cameras and TASER 7 batteries, that are currently in the Dock.
- The Recent Evidence section lists and provides links to evidence recently uploaded from the device. Clicking on the evidence title takes you to the Evidence Detail Page for the evidence.
- The Device Settings section shows the user settings for the device. The settings that can be changed depend on the type of device and agency-level device settings.
The following image shows an example of the Device Profile page for an Axon Body 2 camera.
Assign or Reassign a Device
For most device types, you can use the Device Profile page to assign the device to a user.
- On the Device Profile page, in the User Information section, click Reassign.
The Reassign Device dialog is shown.
- In the name or badge ID field, start typing the name of the user who you want to assign the device to, wait for Evidence.com to show the matching users, and then click the user you want. You can also type the user badge ID or select the user from the list.
- Click Reassign.
Evidence.com assigns the device to the user you selected.
View Evidence Created by a Device
Any evidence recorded on the device that has been uploaded to Evidence.com appears below the Recent Evidence section. This list includes videos recorded by Axon body worn cameras and CEW firing logs.
- On the Device Profile page, scroll to the Recent Evidence section.
If the evidence you are looking for is not shown, click View All to go to the Evidence Search page for the device.
- Use the evidence list as needed. The following table provides steps for the tasks you can perform from the evidence list.
|View, edit, download, or flag/un-flag evidence||In the Title column, click the title of the evidence. The Evidence Detail page displays information about the evidence. For more information about actions available from the Evidence Detail page, see the Evidence section.|
|View evidence owner||In the Owner column, click the name of the evidence owner. The User Summary page displays information about the user.|
Edit Device Settings
The device settings that can be changed depend on the type of device and agency level device settings.
- For Axon Body 3 cameras, you can edit the device name, configure the speaker volume, configure camera vibration, camera indicator lights, camera LED automatic brightness, and whether the camera is in stealth mode.
- For Axon Body 2 cameras, you can edit the device name, configure the speaker volume, configure camera vibration, camera indicator lights, and whether the camera is in stealth mode.
- For Axon Flex 2 cameras, you can edit the device name, orientation, configure the speaker volume, configure controller vibration, indicator lights, and whether the camera is in stealth mode.
- For Axon Flex cameras, you can edit the device name and orientation.
- For other device types, you can change the device name.
- On the Device Profile page, scroll to the Device Settings section.
- Edit the settings as needed.
- Click Save Settings.