All Axon and TASER device audit trails show events and changes for the selected device. The audit information can be filtered to a particular date range or show the entire life of the device.
The audit information is available in both PDF and comma-separated values (CSV) format, with each event, action, or change shown on a different line in the audit trail.
- The PDF file has four columns: Item, Date/Time, Event, and Additional Information. The Item column is a numerical listing of the events, actions, or changes for this file and item number will change depending on the selected date range for the audit trail. The Event column has a short description of the event, action, or change. The Additional Information column has general camera status information such as remaining battery %, video count, MB remaining, and firmware version.
- The CSV file has seven columns: Date Time, Action, Battery %, Video Count, Firmware Version, MB Remaining, and Unique ID. The Action column has a short description of the event, action, or change and corresponds to the PDF Event column. The Battery %, Video Count, Firmware Version, and MB Remaining columns have camera status information and correspond to the information shown in the PDF Additional Information column. The Evidence UID column is a unique string that is generated for all pieces of evidence on Evidence.com.
The following events and changes appear in the audit trail for all devices:
- Device registration
- Device status changes
- Device assignment information
- Device metadata changes
For Axon Body 2 and Flex 2 cameras, the following events, actions, and changes appear in the audit trail:
Note: For Axon Body 2 and Flex 2 cameras with v1.7 or earlier firmware release, only the camera registration, status change, and assignment information is available. The other events listed are available with the v1.8 or later firmware release for Axon Body 2 and Flex 2 cameras.
- Camera registered
- Camera status change
- Power on or off
- Event button press or hold
- Recording start or end
- Audio recording disabled or enabled
- Camera docked or undocked
- Video accessed or streamed using Axon View or Evidence Sync
- Category updated using Axon View or Evidence Sync
- ID updated using Axon View or Evidence Sync
- Title updated using Axon View or Evidence Sync
- Function button press or hold
- Battery status button press or hold
- Volume mute, low, medium, or high
- Stealth mode enabled or disabled
- Indicator lights enabled or disabled
- Marker added
- GPS coordinates added
- Date/Time Sync
- Camera assignment
- Firmware updated
Get a Device Audit Trail
- On the menu bar, click Inventory.
- Search for the device you want to view.
- In the device search results, click the device Serial No.
The Device Summary page is shown.
- Click Audit Trail.
A dialog box with options selecting for the date range and file type is shown.
- Under Select Date Range, do one of the following:
- If you want to view the entire audit trail for the life of the device, select View entire audit trail.
- If you want to view a portion of the audit trail, select View portion of audit trail and then specify a date in either or both the From or To boxes or click a shortcut for a date range, such as Yesterday.
- Under Select File Type, click the file type, CSV or PDF, that you want.
- Click Submit.
Evidence.com generates and downloads the audit trail in the format you selected.
- Save or view the audit trail file, as needed.