There are two ways to invite an individual, using Axon Capture and using Evidence.com. Evidence.com is used to manually triage and accept or decline evidence submissions, if required by your agency.
To prevent spam, each private link can only be used for one submission. Each submission is limited to a maximum of 16 files with a maximum size of 60 GB per file and a total maximum size of 200 GB. The private link for submissions expires after 3 days.
Using Axon Capture to Invite an Individual
Note: Users must be allowed to send Axon Citizen invitations in Evidence.com and have Axon Capture for Android version 3.6 or later or Axon Capture for iOS version 3.7 or later to send an Axon Citizen invitation.
See Sending and Axon Citizen invitation through Axon Capture for instructions on sending an invitation.
Using Evidence.com to Invite an Individual
The following video provides an overview of sending an individual invitation from Evidence.com.
- Sign in to your Evidence.com account.
- On the Dashboard page, under Axon Citizen, click Invite Individual.
Alternately, on the menu bar, click Evidence, then click Citizen Evidence, and then click Invite Individual.
- On the Individual Invite page, enter the ID or NA as required by your agency.
- Add Categories as needed. An individual invitation can have multiple categories.
Note: For categories with set retention periods, the retention countdown begins when the evidence file is uploaded, not when the file was created.
- Enter the Description as needed. The Description field is used by the person sending the invitation to provide additional information about the incident to the recipient. The Description field has a maximum length of 2,000 characters.
Note: Descriptions that exceeds 603 characters, including spaces, will be trimmed in the text message or email. The full description will be visible to the community member when they visit the Axon Citizen submission portal page.
- Select the Delivery Method for the invitation, either Text message or Email.
- For Text message, select the country code and enter the Mobile Phone Number for the community member submitting items.
- For email, enter the Email address for the community member submitting items.
- If allowed by your agency, select if the contact’s information should be stored in Evidence.com.
If the information should be stored, enter the name and birth date information for the contact.
- Click Submit. The invitation is sent to the phone number or email address.
The message contains a one-time use link to a website where the citizen can upload video, photo, and audio files for submission.
After the contact uploads the submission, you will receive an email message from Evidence.com.
- Click Done in the Successfully Created Portal dialog box to return to the Individual Invite page.