This article explains how to send an Axon Citizen invitation through Axon Capture.
Note: You must be allowed to send Axon Citizen invitations in Evidence.com and have Axon Capture for Android version 3.6 or later or Axon Capture for iOS version 3.7 or later to send an Axon Citizen invitation.
The following video provides an overview of sending an invitation from Axon Capture.
- Open the Axon Capture app.
- Go to the Capture screen and tap Citizen.
- On the Invite Individual screen, enter the Incident ID or NA, as required by your agency.
- Add Categories as needed. An individual invitation can have multiple categories.
Note: For categories with set retention periods, the retention time countdown begins when the evidence file is uploaded, not when the file was created.
- Enter the Description as needed. The Description field is used by the person sending the invitation to provide additional information about the incident to the recipient. The Description field has a maximum length of 2,000 characters.
- Select if the invitation will be sent to a Phone (text message) or Email.
- For phone numbers, select the country code and enter the Phone for the community member submitting items.
- For email, enter the Email for the community member submitting items.
- If allowed by your agency, you can select to store a contact’s information in Evidence.com.
If your agency requires contact information to be stored in Evidence.com, this option will not be shown.
- If the contact’s information should be stored, enter the name and birth date information for the contact.
- Tap Send.
The invitation is sent to the phone number or email address. The message contains a one-time use link to a website where the citizen can upload video, photo, and audio files for submission.
After the contact uploads the submission, you will receive an email message from Evidence.com.
- On the Invite Sent screen, you can:
- Tap OK to return to the main Capture screen.
- Tap Create another invite to use the same Incident ID and Categories for a new invitation. Repeat steps 5 through 7 and tap Send to send a new invitation.