This article explains how to send an Axon Citizen invitation through Axon Capture.
Note: You must be allowed to send Axon Citizen invitations in Evidence.com and have Axon Capture for Android version 3.6 or later or Axon Capture for iOS version 3.7 or later to send an Axon Citizen invitation.
- Open the Axon Capture app.
- Go to the Capture screen and tap Citizen.
- On the Invite Individual screen, enter the Incident ID or NA, as required by your agency.
- Add Categories as needed. An individual invitation can have multiple categories.
- Select if the invitation will be sent to a Phone (text message) or Email.
Note: The email option for Axon Citizen in Capture will be availble for Android in mid-March and for iOS by the end of March. Until then, Phone is the only option.
- For phone numbers, select the country code and enter the Phone for the community member submitting items.
- For email, enter the Email for the community member submitting items.
- If allowed by your agency, you can select to store a contact’s information in Evidence.com.
If your agency requires contact information to be stored in Evidence.com, this option will not be shown.
- If the contact’s information should be stored, enter the name and birth date information for the contact.
- Tap Send.
The invitation is sent to the phone number or email address. The message contains a one-time use link to a website where the citizen can upload video, photo, and audio files for submission.
After the contact uploads the submission, you will receive an email message from Evidence.com.
- On the Invite Sent screen, you can:
- Tap OK to return to the main Capture screen.
- Tap Create another invite to use the same Incident ID and Categories for a new invitation. Repeat steps 5 through 7 and tap Send to send a new invitation.