Use the following procedure to review and accept or decline community submissions.
- Go to the Portal Details Page for the submissions you want to triage. You can get to the page by:
- Click View Submission in the email message you receive from Evidence.com after a submission is uploaded. The email lists the ID, categories, and number of untriaged items in the submission.
- In Evidence.com, on the menu bar, click Evidence, then click Citizen Evidence. In the My Individual Invites list, find the invitation you want to view and then click the Portal Info link.
- Click Triage to review the submission.
The heading shows the contact’s name, if entered as part of the invitation, and number of items that need to be triaged.
This information, along with the upload date, is also shown on the right side of the page.
Click the More info link below the file to see additional information about the file. The information shown depends on type of file.
- Review all the items in the submission.
- Click the checkmark under the file to accept it. The file is marked as accepted and the Evidence Status changes to Active.
- Click the X under the file to decline it. The file is marked as declined.
If your agency has a custom retention period for declined evidence, that retention period is used to determine how long the evidence is retained. Otherwise the declined evidence uses the retention period for the associated category to determine when the evidence is queued for deletion.
- You can accept or decline all remaining files in the submission by clicking Accept Remaining or Decline Remaining. The number shown in parenthesis on the buttons is the number of files that have not already been accepted or declined.
- Click Done.
If you exit before accepting or rejecting all the items, you can return to the Submission Details Page later from the Portal Details Page.