Use the following procedures to see the camera view and listen to an interview.
Note: If you are watching an interview and the person conducting the interview engages a video or audio mask, the live stream is also masked.
In the Live Streaming application, you can:
- Open a Room in the Overview Panel
- Open the In-Room Experience
- View a Password Protected Interview
- Stop Viewing
- Applying Metadata in the Live Streaming Application
Axon recommends closing the Live Streaming application when you have finished viewing an interview.
Opening a Room in the Overview Panel
- In the Live tab, click Add Rooms on the top right of the application (note that if rooms are already displayed in the Overview Panel, the button shows Edit instead of Add Rooms). This will enable you to choose the rooms that you want to display on the Overview Panel.
- Click on the overview panel tile you want to use; the tile will have a blue outline to show it is selected. Click Add on the right of the room you want to display. The primary camera of that room is shown in the selected tile. If the camera is recording, the tile will display a red status circle next to the word Live at the bottom. Repeat this process with any other rooms you want to add to the overview and click Done on the top right of the application to finish selecting rooms.
Note: If no tile is selected, the next available tile will be used. If all the tiles are used and no tile was selected, the top left tile will be used.
- To move a room to another tile in the overview Panel, click Edit on the top right of the application. Then, click and hold the drag icon at the bottom of the tile, and drag your cursor to whichever tile you choose to move the room to. Click Done when done with this process.
Opening the In-Room Experience
- In the Live tab, click the room name in the left-hand panel. This takes you to a page which displays the views from all cameras in that room. The status of all cameras in that room is displayed at the top of the page.
- Click the volume icon () in the bottom center to select the camera with output sound.
- Click the tile of any camera to expand its view. Click the window icon on the bottom right to return to the normal in-room experience.
- Click the return icon () in the top left, adjacent to the room name, to return to the Live tab.
- Once you entered the In-Room experience of a room, that room is automatically displayed in the Overview Panel.
Viewing a Password Protected Interview
If Live Streaming Password protection is enabled for a camera or room at your agency, you must enter the live streaming password generated by the person conducting the interview before you can view or listen to an interview.
- Once a recording has started, request the streaming password from the person conducting the interview.
The system generates a session unique password key. The password key has letters and numbers, and is case-sensitive.
- Click on the room name on the left panel in the Live tab. The Live Streaming Password Validation dialog box is shown.
- Enter the provided password and click Enter Room.
The view from the selected room is shown.
- To remove a room from the Overview selection, click Edit on the top right of the application. Then, click the trash icon in the tile of the room you want to remove. Click Done when done.
Applying Metadata in the Live Streaming Application
Metadata, notes and markers, can be applied in the Live Streaming Application as an interview is being recorded. The notes and marker information are included with the interview video when it is uploaded to Axon Evidence.com. Notes and markers can only be added from the Live Streaming application while an interview is in progress.
If you are already viewing an interview from the In-Room experience, skip to step 2.
- In the Live tab interface in the Room Panel, select the interview room you want to live stream. The red status circle to the right of the room name indicates an active recording.
Click on the name of the Room to enter the In-Room experience.
Note: When there are multiple cameras in the room, clicking on one of them will make that camera the main view for the experience.
- In the In-Room Experience, click the down arrow in the lower left corner labeled Metadata to expand the Metadata section.
In the Metadata section, there are two areas - Notes and Markers.
A Note is used to add a general description that doesn’t link to a specific place in the recording. A Marker is used to signify an important place in an interview recording, so you can locate it easily later. It is similar to the Create Marker action and any markers added with the create marker action are shown in the Markers area.
- To add a Note:
- Click in the Type your notes here field and enter your note.
- Click Add Note.
- Your note is shown in the Notes area.
- To add more notes, repeat this step. Multiple notes appear as a list in the order entered.
- To add a Marker:
- Click Add Marker.
- A Descriptor field is shown with the time the marker is added.
- Click in the Type the marker description field and enter the marker description. This will appear as the Event Type for the marker.
- Click Add Marker.
- The marker information is shown in the Markers area.
- To add more markers, repeat this step. Multiple markers appear as a list in the order entered. Markers added from an interview room touch panel also appear in the list.
- Click Add Marker.