In cases where a user did not engage the Axon Interview, you can extract files from your Axon Interview system to create and upload a video evidence file to your agency’s Evidence.com account.
Note: Extracting and uploading videos can, depending on the selection criteria, take a long time.
This procedure assumes you are logged in to the Buffer Extraction Tool.
- In the Interview Info tile, select a Start Time and Stop Time for the video information you want to extract.
Click on the Date-Time you to change and type in the appropriate values or use the drop down to select a date.
- In the Interview Info tile, select the devices associated with the video information you want to extract.
Click Add, the Devices dialog box is shown.
- Click on each device you want to include in the extraction.
- Click Add Devices, the selected devices are shown in the Devices table.
You can remove devices from the table by clicking on the device row and then clicking Remove.
- In the Metadata Info tile click Add to select the metadata you want to apply to the extracted videos.
- In the Tags dialog box
- Select or type the Name of the metadata tag
- Enter or, for Choice tags, select the Value for the metadata tag.
- Click Extract, the system searches the server for video information that meets the Date-Time, Device, and metadata criteria and then downloads the video files into a Workspace folder in the Axon Buffer Extractor folder. The folder name is a combination of the device name and request date-time.
After the files are downloaded, the system merges the files and puts the merged file into MP4 container.
The completed files are then uploaded to Evidence.com.
Once the upload is complete, the local buffer files are removed from the Workspace folder, and the evidence files can be viewed in Evidence.com. The user that signed in to the Buffer Extractor Tool is listed as the owner of the evidence in Evidence.com.